At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft needs experienced engineers from a breadth of disciplines. Our team has a history of enabling rich & creative features that set the standard for the ride-sharing industry. We constantly innovate & incorporate cutting-edge technologies to make the lives of our community more enriched.
About This Role
The Lyft mobile team is seeking a detail-oriented Quality Engineer who will ensure that Lyfts apps & next-generation features maintain a high level of quality & performance. This will include testing new & existing products on iOS & Android platforms, as well as the integration of the back-end systems that power our client apps.
- Plan, create, & execute tests for validating Lyfts mobile apps
- Perform exploratory testing & assist in the identification & design of test automation
- Improve our existing test automation frameworks & infrastructure & support engineers in writing additional UI test
- Develop test plans by collaborating with the cross-functional team & identify tests for automation or automate them
- Maintain existing UI tests, monitor failures & report bugs
- Design & implement test strategy to improve efficiency in manual testing & increase test coverage through Unit/Integration & UI test automation
- Build & maintain systems to monitor test stability & report stability issues back to engineers
Experience & Skills:
- Strong object-oriented programming experience
- Strong experience in developing & documenting test plans, test cases & reporting bugs for complex features
- Solid experience in building automation frameworks & developing reliable & maintainable automated tests
- Have worked on mobile platform & have a very good understanding of & ability to troubleshoot the testing ecosystem (plus points for mobile experience)
- Proficiency in Java/Kotlin or Swift for mobile platforms
- Familiarity with Espresso/XCUItest is strongly desired
- Track record of improving efficiency, especially through automation, balancing short-term & long-term priorities
- Have significant experience & willingness to work with other teams such as engineering, product & release teams
- Constantly thinking ahead, & building for future changes in an ever-changing mobile ecosystem
- Constantly looking for a better solution to reduce manual testing & increase automation reliability over time
- Shows a passion for learning, especially through looking at new processes & tools that have significant impact on engineering teams
- Experience of prioritizing & coordinating work across a large number of product teams is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.