The Senior Director of Brand & Creative will lead concept development & creative execution across all of our major brand touchpoints, translating insights & intuitions into winning creative that builds our brand & drives results. You will lead a team of designers & copywriters while working closely with our digital product, merchandising, & growth marketing teams. Your success will link directly to key business objectives including increased brand awareness, customer engagement, & loyalty. As a digital-first brand, we rely upon creative differentiation to tell our story across in an increasingly crowded marketplace. We look forward to your passion connecting with consumers in non-obvious & creative ways.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Graphic Design / Art Direction: Lead creative direction & campaign concepting with a team of graphic & digital designers; ensure that lifestyle / product photo shoots align with marketing briefs while maintaining creative independence.
- Copywriting / Content Development: Set strategy & direction for the copy team to maximize effectiveness of content across all touchpoints including ads, website, in store signage, direct mail, radio voiceovers, as well as blogs, how-to-guides, & other branded content venues.
- Outside Agencies: Serve as relationship lead for external agencies including production, photo shoots, budgets, economics, & team workflows.
- Leadership / Strategy: Provide career development & mentorship for the creative team; set strategy & budget that aligns with business objectives; improve workflows between creative services & key internal customers including performance marketing, product / merchandising, digital product & corporate.
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS:
- 10+ years of experience, preferably including Associate Creative Director or Creative Director experience on the agency or brand-side
- You are detail oriented & obsessed with pixels & punctuation, but you also understand the big picture for the campaign objective & brand
- You are not afraid to be bold but are also receptive to input from cross functional partners
- You enjoy inspiring, managing, & mentoring creative talent
- You're passionate about understanding our current & prospective customers & figuring out creative ways to engage them
- You understand the importance of data to help guide creative efforts & are comfortable using it to help inform direction
- You're on top of the latest cultural trends but never succumb to passing fads
- You have strong brand & creative instincts
- You are extremely organized & adept at managing timelines, budgets & reporting
- You have experience managing & getting results out of agency & strategic partners.
- You have a thick skin, sense of humor & a collaborative spirit
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL
- We give a shit! - We care. Were slightly obsessive. We sweat every detail. We fight for what we think is best for Mack Weldon & our customers.
- We put our money where our mouth is - We own our words. We own our actions. We own our mistakes.
- We solve problems - You wont find us waiting around for someone else to fix a problem, if we can get our hands on it first.
- We wont sacrifice the future for a quick win - We wait for the second marshmallow.
- Its all about the people! - Relationships over transactions.
- World-class insurance Top of the line health insurance paid for by Mack Weldon
- Open vacation policy Unlimited vacation & sick days to use as needed
- Competitive salary Compensation includes a competitive salary & employee stock options
- Great location Right in the heart of Manhattan with easy access to 14 different subway lines
- Free Mack Weldon Gear Free new product launches & year-round employee discount code
- Office Snacks & Drinks Fully stocked office fridge & pantry with free lunch on Fridays
- Thursday Happy Hour Beer fridge, wine rack, liquor cabinet, & a spread of tasty treats