As Head of Product Design, you will lead the design strategy of our products, & manage a team of product designers.
Because Via serves a global & diverse community, you will ensure our products & features are easy to use, provide value, & display the highest level of craft.
We are seeking a passionate person with the ability to create impactful & meaningful design, while leading the design process, & guiding the professional growth of Vias product designers.
The team works, creates & thinks together while collaborating with product managers, engineers, analysts & other stakeholders. As a leader, you are a collaborative, ambitious & motivated person, excited to solve complex problems & turn them into simple & engaging experiences.
As a designer, you will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, & visual design skills. We are looking for an experienced design leader with extensive background working on UX/UI projects from end to end, with the ability to understand the business & customer needs, & who is up to date with current application & web design trends.
What youll do
- Take broad, conceptual ideas & turn them into useful & valuable products for our users
- Design end-to-end flows & experiences that are simple & elegant.
- Define & oversee the design strategy of our different products.
- Manage a team of Product Designers while keeping your Hands on work skills.
- Define the design process & organize resources to deliver on the strategy.
- Partner with developers & other stakeholders to oversee that the user experience is simple, straightforward, & elegant.
Who you are:
- 6+ years of hands on product design work experience.
- At least 3 years experience in a leadership role
- Have a strong product approach & way of thinking
- Ability to work both Hands on & manage a team of designers.
- Thrive in ambiguity- you are able to adapt successfully as the product changes & flexes.
- Ability to work fast & produce multiple solutions.
- Excellent communication skills - you can articulate your ideas to management, colleagues, partners, as well as fellow designers.
- Have a strong portfolio that showcases your obsession with pixel perfect design.Self-taught, curious, & a fast learner, always looking for a creative solution.
- Relationship builder - you love to work with other people, creating collaboration & connection between teams.