As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are in need of a highly motivated & skilled Staff Software Engineer in Test that is passionate on using modern software engineering & testing principles to deliver robust applications to our global users.
- Write test plan andtest cases for various projects
- Collaborate with development team to analyze, debug & resolve design & code issues
- Build test tools to improve quality & performance
- Develop software to augment existing test automation tools
- Establish coding & test automation standards
- Lead efforts to design, develop, execute, & maintain automated test suites
- Setup, configure, & maintain test environments
- Work closely with quality assurance engineers & provide technical guidance to peers as needed
- Support releases & should able to run push tests to certify the build
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Strong technical competency & experience with J2EE based applications, Restful & SOAP API testing, XML,unit-testing, shell-scripting & Cassandra/Solr/NoSQL
- Experience writing & executing detailed test cases, test plans & test design documents.
- Experience using data driven tests to validate API calls in large J2EE n-tier architectures.
- Experience developing test automation framework using Java, Junit, TestNG.
- Experience in debugging & troubleshooting problems in Linux/Unix based application servers such as JBoss, Tomcat, WebSphere environments is preferred.
- Must have experience testing in an AGILE environment & should have exposure to testing environment migration, DB & infrastructure/system upgrades.
- Continuous Integration, Code/Test coverage working in different methodologies is a plus.
- Must have proactive & strong communications to work well across teams.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.