Harrys is a mens grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience, & for guys who know they shouldnt have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value & experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website & select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers & are growing fast. Were now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online & in stores across the country.
About the Team
The R&D Team at Harrys is responsible for developing & launching all new products in the mens grooming category (razor handles, cartridges, & accessories). As Harrys continues to grow, the team will be the primary driver of innovation to support a challenging & fast-paced product road map driven by category, retail & geography expansion.
The Art Production Team is responsible for elevating the physical expression of all Harry's packaging & retail displays, while continually improving our workflow. We maintain clean & polished work, while innovating on the use of materials & methods to push our brand to stand out within the world of consumer packaging. We keep the customer at the core of all creative objectives, working hand-in-hand with Design, Product Development, & Supply Chain to create phenomenal packaging & displays.
About the Role
Production Artists at Harry's are responsible for the conversion of design files into press-ready mechanicals. While honoring the Designers intent in all ways possible, you will refine the design into a perfect mechanical artwork file sufficient for manufacture & public distribution. Accompanying this artwork file will be a hand-made prototype, confirming the efficacy of the design in physical form. You will also be responsible for iterating on existing designs, per cross-functional markup & art direction. Having extensive knowledge of commercial packaging, production artists will consult with designers throughout the process to make sure artwork is suited to the manufacturing technique. Production Artists will follow their projects from concept through mass production: attending press approvals on-site across the globe to ensure the highest quality results.
What you will accomplish:
- Consult with Designers throughout the development process, & honor their intent when converting their designs into manufacturable artwork files.
- Adjust typography & layout as needed to ensure typographic consistency.
- Implement markup changes without error. When blocked, work independently & effectively attain clarification & push the project forward.
- Understand & select the manufacturing processes which best suit specific designs & objectives. Create files that facilitate that manufacturing/distribution without error.
- Compare production samples against initial targets to validate critical product elements (color, finish, texture) have been met or exceeded.
- Evaluate color in-house during material sampling, & on location with our manufacturing partners. Understand how materials can affect color appearance & deliver detailed feedback to suppliers in order to achieve consistent results.
- Write perfect manufacturing specifications. Persistently verify & distribute this information across suppliers.
- Work independently & efficiently, with superb attention to detail, while under pressure, within aggressive deadlines.
This should describe you:
- 5+ years as Production Artist within a product company, design studio, creative agency, or print publication. OR, from the manufacturing side! (from a product manufacturer, printing company, packaging supplier, etc.)
- Extensive experience with a high level of confidence conducting press approvals on-site at printing & packaging suppliers. Able to build phenomenal rapport with print sales executives, & press operators alike.
- BFA/BA in Graphic Design or Media preferred. BA required.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Intimate knowledge of formal typographic & graphic design convention; ability to supply artwork in various file formats according to manufacturing process
- Expert ability to create original manufacturing die-lines, iterate, & impose artwork onto die-lines supplied by suppliers
- Professional understanding of conventional & digital printing processes as well as the concept of plate separation
- Fluent in 4-color process, Pantone matching systems, studio color management, color profiles, proofing
- Strong hands-on studio skills for prototyping packaging designs, as well as light-duty installation skills for retail merchandising
Here's who you'll work with:
- Youll be reporting to the Production Director, sitting on the Design Team
- The Design Team is a part of the larger Global R&D function
- Youll work with these teams cross-functionally: Supply Chain, Retail, Marketing
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.