Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a National Sales Manager to join our Sales team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
Oscars National Sales team is focused on driving Oscars penetration in each of our markets. As Oscar launches new markets & expands its individual, small group, & medicare advantage footprints, you will play a key role in shaping & executing our distribution strategy by working with our national & tech-enabled partners. You will lead all national sales & operational efforts, internally & externally, in order to grow Oscars national membership.
- Manage Oscars National Sales Team & serve as the connective tissue across internal & external stakeholders to drive growth
- Own all sales & operational relationships with our national & tech-enabled partners & lead all related strategic distribution initiatives
- Serve as the primary Oscar point-of-contact for our most strategic partners while leveraging your National Sales Team to maintain the day-to-day responsibilities
- Ensure Oscar meets or exceeds sales production quotas across our individual, small group, & medicare advantage products
- Ensure partners are setup to sell effectively with precise training, accurate data, functioning integrations, & clear escalation points
- Coordinate & conduct regular in-person meetings with our partners to maintain & grow relationships
- Partner with our Marketing, Product, & Growth Operations teams to build tools & resources that continue to make Oscar the easiest carrier to do business with
- Source & contract with new, prospective partners
Who are you?
- You have strong leadership skills to appropriately develop team members as well as communicate & collaborate with internal & external teams
- You are passionate about sales & operations & equally understand the importance to each in order to develop a strong distribution channel
- You enjoy working strategically to assess growth opportunities, negotiate contracts, develop operational workflows, & extract insights
- You are comfortable working in a startup environment where you are responsible for building the tools & processes you need to do your job well
- You are eager to work in a changing & dynamic healthcare environment
- Advanced computer literacy skills, particularly in Excel & Powerpoint
- Strong analytical decision making & organizational skills
- You have 5-7 years of full-cycle sales experience
- You have 2-3 years of managerial experience
- You have previous health insurance experience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all, & apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.