Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring a Senior Director of Financial Planning & Analysis to join our growing Finance team!
Go deeper: We are looking for an analytical thinker to lead & grow our FP&A team by developing & maintaining critical reporting & analyses to support the executive team & investor deliverables.
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios mission & have the following skills:
- Proven experience leading a Finance team
- Demonstrated financial modeling experience
- Experience building Board presentations & Investor pitch decks
- Detail-oriented with strong time management skills & an ability to prioritize
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Eager for & receptive to feedback
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter & cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, & diverse work culture
- Annual learning & development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents & caretakers
- Access to the Axios Family Fund, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Weekly company-sponsored exercise & meditation classes
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity & inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination & harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, & apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, & business needs at the time.