What is Slice?
Slice is the only technology & marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile & web ordering experience for consumers, & by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, & marketing to compete with big chains & grow their business. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
What youll do:
- Partner with senior leaders to develop the strategic roadmap for the business based on work which includes research, financial modeling / valuation, & leading prioritization efforts
- Partner with senior leaders to define, structure launch, build and drive strategic & operational initiatives
- Act as the incubation arm of larger strategic projects: bringing it to life & providing hypercare as initiatives are integrated into the broader operations with long term ownership
- Drive the overall integrated project plan & provide regular & routine updates to leadership, including progress, risks, & resolutions (this includes presenting to executive leadership as well)
- Lead multiple cross-functional teams charged with implementing project objectives in addition to meeting project deadlines
- Assess & manage risks & issues, ensure all risks/issues are brought to resolution in a timely & mutually agreeable manner
- Identify business/functional gaps, defining the process & technical solutions & developing recommendations to senior management prior to implementing plans in coordination with the business owner
What were looking for:
- 8+ years of professional work experience in, strategy or related field; some high-growth operations or startup experience is highly desired
- Ability to lead/ project manage cross-functional teams working on complex, operational & strategic initiatives
- Excellent communication skills - written & verbal
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent prioritization & facilitation skills with a clear focus on results
- Deep operational mindset & proven track record in process optimization & execution
History of Slice:
Slice was born in 2010 & has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 11,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder & CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends & family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their craft to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, & investors all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza while helping local shops succeed.
Our Pizza Philosophy
Slice is on a journey to be the most valuable pizza brand on the planet. We connect makers & eaters to enrich their lives through the power of specialization & pizza expertise. Backed by generations of knowledge & cutting-edge technology, we give makers the platform & voice to take charge of their industry, expand their coverage, & fill the world with authentic cuisine.When passionate makers turn their craft into their livelihood, we all live happier, fuller lives. People stop accepting the homogenous, mass-produced pies of big chains & robotic trucks because the quality, variety, & authenticity of Slice is both hyper-convenient & known worldwide.We believe pizza isnt just food. Its a slice of community, a slice of culture, a slice of life.
Were growing our family every day so, if youve got a passion for local, authentic pizza & the drive to help share it with the world, wed love to have you on the team! Check out a few awards weve recently won for our workplace & culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.