At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
We are seeking a Data Site Selection Manager to manage all commercial data center site selection, plan our new PoP growth & manage growth in all existing colocation facilities. The infrastructure team is responsible for growing Cloudflares global data center/PoP footprint & utilizes an extensive range of global vendors. This role will be responsible for growing our portfolio of sites, negotiating with vendors, & managing to a set annual budget. We are looking for someone who can project manage across a number of projects & introduce effective & streamlined processes as companys scale grows & number of infrastructure vendors & partners we use expands.
What you'll do
Specific duties will include, but not limited to:
- Select data center sites to support Cloudflares infrastructure growth
- Own all commercial aspects of data center including negotiation & planning
- Work cross-functionally with data center operations teams, capacity planning, network strategy teams, in order to choose new sites & grow in existing sites most effectively
- Interface with external colocation & other vendors
- Point of contact for buyers, internal business owners & vendors as needed
- Develop & own annual data center budget
- Develop more effective tracking & benchmarking of infrastructure costs
- Review/approve colocation spend & invoices
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- 3-5 years in planning, managing data center footprints at a cloud services company, fast moving software/enterprise or colocation company
- Experience in budget planning, financial analysis, or other analytical role
- Ability to multi-task & manage complex projects across multiple teams within set deadlines
- Demonstrated experience negotiating with external parties
- Ability to solve problems & answer questions with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Identify process improvements & proactive solutions
- Bachelors degree minimum
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.