Clinical Care Coordinator
We are searching for an energetic & outgoing individual with prior experience in a healthcare setting to work as the interface between our patients & our providers. Our Care Coordinators partner closely with the clinical team to ensure patient needs are met in a timely fashion & expectations are consistently exceeded. They use their customer service skills & knowledge to efficiently manage the end to end patient experience from the initial call, email or chat inquiring about Genome Medical Services, to downstream support following their visit.
Genome Medical aims to bring genomics to everyday medicine & the coordinator in this position will be central to bringing this vision to life with opportunities for advancement as the company grows.
Primary Responsibilities & Essential Duties:
Function as a patient resource:
- Respond to patient inquiries
- Assist patients with scheduling
- Support the patient care process from referral to return of results
- Help build relationships between patients & clinical providers
- Help to prioritize patients, determine the appropriate provider & ensure timely visits for urgent versus routine visits
- Facilitate outside medical referrals & follow up care when needed
- Provide general customer service & support, including answering online & phone inquiries
Function as a resource to our physicians & genetic counselors:
- Act as a liaison between outside physicians & GMI care providers
- Obtain outside records prior to clinical evaluations
- Help in the generation of patient letters, action plans & ensures delivery of these records to patients & outside providers
- Prepare patient records for review by medical specialists
- Interact with all members of the care team to coordinate care & effectively problem solve to implement appropriate plan of care
Facilitates genetic testing:
- Build knowledge about & assists with optimum lab selection
- Support lab order entry
- Work with outside labs for sample collection
- Prepare patient records required by outside lab or third party insurers when needed
- Provide result-tracking & routing of results to care providers
- Answer patient questions regarding the testing process
Billing & reimbursement:
- Assist with claims submissions & patient collections
- Facilitate customer reports & communications as needed
- Provide exceptional customer service to patients, customers, & members of the Genome Medical Team.
- Escalate patient issues as needed & demonstrate an appropriate sense of urgency throughout case management.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA rules & regulations with all parties encountered in the process.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3 years experience in a customer care position required, preferably in healthcare
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft products, Google apps.
- Ability to utilize telemedicine platform, EHR, & online scheduling system
- Previous experience providing excellent customer service by responding to requests for service & assistance
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written & oral communication
- Teamwork oriented
- Thrives in a high-growth company within a rapidly changing industry
- Strong commitment to Genome Medicals vision, mission & values
About Genome Medical
Genome Medical is a network of clinical genomics experts using telemedicine to bring genetics to everyday life. Our mission is to provide expert genetic healthcare for individuals & their families to improve health & well being.
Founded by personalized medicine pioneers Dr. Randy Scott, Dr. Robert Green, & Lisa Alderson, our goal is to bridge the growing gap between available genome technology & current medical practice. As genetic information becomes increasingly important in medicine, there are too few experts to meet the growing demand for interpretation. We are addressing this challenge by creating a scalable, efficient model for lifelong genome-centered health care. To learn more, please visit www.genomemedical.com or find us @GenomeMed on Twitter.
Genome Medical is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.