Recently named #9 on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. Weve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - & we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
About the Team:
Rent The Runways Growth Marketing Team is responsible for bringing all the pieces of the customer acquisition funnel together. Our goal is to reach & convert our target audience at scale (quickly & cost efficiently) by activating our community, amplifying our brand story & enabling new customers to experience the magic of RTR.
About the Job:
In 2019, we want to give the power of marketing back to our community by scaling & amplifying our customers stories to create viral growth. Our vision is to create a dynamic network of thousands of RTR-obsessed customers that represent the diversity & depth of our 10M+ members. By building the RTR Ambassador Network, well give our customers the inspiration & tools they need to share their stories, spread the RTR mission & drive massive customer acquisition.
Were looking for a Manager, Growth Marketing to build our Ambassador program from the ground up setting the vision, defining the strategy, & leading 360-operational execution. The ideal candidate is fearlessly creative, analytical, & is known for their hustle & ability to execute against all odds.
Build Rent The Runways Ambassador Network as a new acquisition channel, creating the strategy & programming to scale content creation, traffic & conversions
- Source thousands of Ambassadors nationally & activate them into the RTR Ambassador Network
- Identify & engage micro-communities across key markets, interests, careers, etc
- Develop a strong understanding of who should be an Ambassador & how this program is differentiated, creating outsized value for both the Ambassador and RTR. Implement a robust Test & Learn strategy to understand:
Who is driving engagement, conversions & why
What incentive/value models work best across different Ambassador segments
What kind of content & programming performs best
What micro-communities & customer segments have the greatest growth/engagement potential
How we will grow the program as a new acquisition channel, proving scale & cost efficiency
Build the operational infrastructure to scale:
- Develop incentive & reward model for Ambassadors to drive referrals: gamify the program & make it fun
- Develop the overarching program infrastructure, including:
a) Program visual identity, messaging & key materials/collateral
b) Rules of engagement: clear guidelines of what we are giving Ambassadors & what were asking them to do
c) Toolkit of materials (onboarding comms, VIP gifts, templates, etc) that will be leveraged across the full Ambassador program & can be customized to different customer segments (local, corporate, college, et
3. Implement tools/CRM to house & measure all Ambassadors
4. Partner with cross-functional teams & product to build Ambassador landing pages & track referral/promo codes
Develop editorial content strategy for Ambassadors to scale content creation & testimonials across their own digital networks:
- Partner with the Content Team to define brand guidelines & social guidelines, ensuring our communitys content feels authentic to each person & on brand for RTR
- Develop content & marketing calendar, create briefs & lead consistent programming, rallying Ambassadors around key moments, marketing messages, etc.
- Go beyond Instagram: empower Ambassadors to leverage all distribution channels to share their RTR stories & drive referrals (i.e. Email, Text, Messenger, YouTube, LinkedIn, Slack, Reddit, etc)
- Thoughtfully build partnerships & relationships with key women of influence that represent our brand across all dimensions. Ensure that our content goes beyond fashion, is purpose-driven, & represents the diversity of who
Partner cross-functionally to build the process for Community Management:
- Enable RTR to communicate with our network at scale (email & newsletter program), manage conversations 1:1, & empower our community to engage with each other (i.e. FB groups, etc)
- Partner with Customer Experience & Community teams to create a strong process to manage communications across different segments (interest, location, tier, etc)
- Bachelors degree plus 8-10 years of experience in growth marketing, media & analytics.
- Fearlessly creative: You are known as a problem solver. Faced with a seemingly impossible task, youre known for coming up with radical, creative ideas for hitting your goals. Youre creative in the way you look at data, in the way you apply it tactically, & how you think about our long-term strategic vision.
- Think strategically, act tactically: You set broader strategic goals, & are able to break down the tactical execution & steps that need to be taken in order to achieve your goals. You get it done & have fun while doing it. Youre resourceful -- you know how to take a small budget & make it go far
- Lover of all things analytics: You are passionate about analytics & love digging into the data to draw out key insights & figure out the job to be done. You are skilled at leveraging data to tell impactful stories, make decisions & align executive stakeholders around your vision.
- Self-starter: You have ownership over your domain, you are able to set a vision & drive process forward, you push the envelope to bring new ideas to life & challenge the status quo. You can build strategy & execute soup-to-nuts. No job is too small or too big.
Cross-functional collaborator: You work across teams seamlessly. You know how to rally people around a vision to get things done. Your colleagues love working with you -- you have an innate ability to move projects forward quickly, stay on top of details, & make people (at all levels) feel valued, respected & heard.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.