The best salespeople achieve the most when they are selling outstanding products, solutions, & services backed by an extraordinary company. Thats what you get when you sell for Appian. We are passionate about driving digital transformation by bringing Appian solutions that provide speed, agility, & efficiency needed to compete & grow. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference here. Join our team, where you can not only grow your career, but share the success of an industry pioneer.
The Account Executive role is responsible for navigating a primarily greenfield geographic territory, top of funnel activity & prospecting while effectively managing a complex sales cycle (approximately 6-12 months) to a successful close.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Experience navigating a complex sales cycle from start to finish, leveraging internal resources within the larger sales organization, cross functionally with the customer success team & externally across customer & partner ecosystems
- Strong presentation skills for delivering in-person & virtual presentations to LOB & IT audiences, highlighting your ability to perform client discovery, communicate ROI & build business value
- A trusted advisor to both customers & colleagues to leverage multiple stakeholders throughout complex deals
- Actively seeking to understand industry trends to help position against competitors
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- Training: Sales Fast Start, which is our 5-day training program focused on equipping our sales new hires with the skills & knowledge needed to be successful out in the field, like ValueSelling Framework training.
- Growth: Growth opportunities available through promotion & participation in different programs like Appian MBA, a development program devoted to shaping managers in the areas of leadership & communication. Hear more about growth from one of our Vice Presidents, who started at Appian as an Account Executive here.
- Product: Our Appian product is driving digital transformation & with our Appian Guarantee, our customers can even have their first project completed in just 8 weeks. With the market research firm Forrester estimating the low-code platform market will be around $14 billion by 2024, it is no wonder why more & more customers are turning to low-code with Appian. Hear more from one of our Regional Vice Presidents here about how our product has kept him with the company.
- Culture: You will directly contribute to our double-digit year over year growth backed by a world-class collaborative sales organization. In addition, Appian offers a competitive salary & generous benefits; including a flexible time off allowance & great perks. Hear more for an Account Executive herself on how Appian is the most inclusive sales environment shes ever worked in here.
- 5-10+ years of direct selling experience & a minimum of 2 years experience as an Enterprise Account Executive, selling complex technologies at the enterprise level to Global 2000 customers
- History of consistent quota achievement
- Examples of landing new customer logos
- Strong job tenure: history of displaying loyalty & perseverance through long, stable job tenure & positive career trajectory
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation & value. Today, we help businesses build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented & passionate people, given the power & autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile & collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, & all voices are heard. We value & encourage cross-departmental collaboration, & actively seek opportunities to better ourselves & others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, were focused on lasting positive change.