Chiefs mission is to build the most powerful network focused on connecting & supporting female leaders. With members who are at the C-Level or are rising VPs, Chief is the only organization designed for women seated at the table. Read about us in Fortune, Fast Company, & CNN. Launched in early 2019, Chief is headquartered in New York City & backed by Primary Ventures, Flybridge Capital, & other top-tier investors.
About the Role:
Chief seeks to deliver a premium experience analysis & application of interactions within the Chief community & events. We are looking to hire an experienced data engineer to plan, implement, & manage a data collection, transformation, & reporting infrastructure. If youre passionate about building a data pipeline & data models, & you are motivated to make an impact in creating a robust & scalable dwh & dashboards, come join us.
At Chief, data sits in the center of our business, providing insights into the effectiveness of our in-person events & digital platform. We believe data brings everything together & allows us to tailor custom experiences to each of our VIP members.
We're looking for a passionate Senior Data Engineer with extensive experience in designing, implementing & delivering data solutions. You will be responsible for working with data stakeholders (business, product, & analysts) to design & build data warehouse dashboards, models, data pipelines & ETLs that efficiently deliver actionable insights.
- Plan, implement, & manage a data pipeline to collect & transform multiple data sources from online, SaaS partners, & internal systems.
- You will build & maintain a high-performance, fault-tolerant, secure, & scalable data pipeline
- You will partner with architects & business leaders to design & build data models & reports that bring meaningful & actionable insights
- Thinking through long-term impacts of key business decisions
- Building self-service data models to power our customers
What Were Looking For:
- Strong communication skills, empathy, & initiative
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering
- Experience with building data pipeline including data acquisition
- Strong background in data warehouse concept & design
- Strong analytical skills
- Expert-level experience in SQL
- Strong background in MPP & columnar databases (redshift, snowflake)
- Familiar with at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash)
- Experience working closely with Analytics/Data Science teams
- Experience with modern BI tools (Looker, Tableau, etc)
Why Youll Want to Work with Chief:
- Competitive base salary
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, & vision packages
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create & attend inspiring experiences & events with leaders of the industry
- Headquartered in beautiful Tribeca loft