AlphaSense is a search engine for market intelligence that transforms how decisions are made by the worlds leading corporations & financial institutions. Leveraging AI & NLP technology, AlphaSense enables knowledge professionals to extract insights in seconds from thousands of disparate data sources, including company filings, event transcripts, news & trade journals, & equity research. Founded in 2011 & backed by investors including Innovation Endeavors & Soros Fund Management, AlphaSense is on a mission to empower organizations to make data-driven decisions with confidence.
About the Team:
The BI & Analytics team works across AlphaSense to make data an asset for growth. We do that through infrastructure, process, well-modeled & documented data, analysis, & deep partnership with the business.
We own & manage the data stack, consisting of Segment, Fivetran, Stitch, Dataform, BigQuery & Looker. In addition to technical leadership, we partner across departments to raise the analytics bar, drive operational improvement, & support growth.
Our work spans BI dashboards for business & exec. users, ML models for retention forecasting, & data & infrastructure to support our AI engineers. We are looking for a curious, collaborative, & high-output data pro to join our team.
About the Role:
In this high-impact role, youll be a technical & business partner to Product, working across Product & Engineering to build data infrastructure, process & data products that help AlphaSense scale.
Youll be responsible for delivering data & insights that inform product & content strategy & business decisions. Youll also take a lead role in designing tracking/infrastructure improvements & partnering with Engineering to implement.
Who You Are:
- Passionate About Data: You are an expert in SQL & have a passion for the modern data stack (ie: ingest & transformation tools, cloud based DWH & BI). You have several years of experience in a hands-on data role, with some experience as a data owner for a department
- Growth oriented: You thrive in fast paced environments, have a whatever it takes mentality & are eager to help us scale our business.
- A Strong Process Owner & Communicator: You possess the ability to fluidly translate business questions to technical specs/data products & explain the process/outputs to non-technical audiences
- Collaborative: You possess the ability to partner smoothly with engineering teams to design, implement & test data infrastructure, & with business users to support data-driven outcomes
- Experienced transforming data in modeling tools such as dbt, Dataform or LookML, & working with a cloud-based data warehouse (BigQuery/GCP experience a plus)
- Experienced working with media & or other content-related analytics
- Experienced building in a modern BI platform (Looker a strong plus), & training business users to self-serve
- You possess a deep curiosity & tenacity to understand data & business questions
What Youll Do:
- Be a key data owner for a strategic pillar of our business.
- Partner with Content, Product & Engineering to ensure tracking, pipelines & modeling meet business needs & technical best practices.
- Create clean, intuitive datasets for use in analytics/reporting, product & business operations
- Scale datas impact by onboarding business users to Looker
- Build mission critical analyses & reporting
- Be a key partner in building a high-performing data org by sharing knowledge & creating documentation that helps us scale
- Play a central role in scaling datas impact at AlphaSense from a technical, operations & enablement perspective