Hi, we're Oscar. Were building our Learning & Development team!
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a relentless focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role:
The Learning & Instructional Design Associates play a central role in understanding the subject matter for their assigned client group, designing & delivering innovative e-learning experiences, & overseeing quality & timely delivery from other instructional designers for learning assets related to their clients. Learning & Instructional Design Associates will be assigned to a primary client vertical, but will work on training across all client verticals.
Learning & Instructional Design Associates report to the Senior Learning Program Manager for their primary client domain. This is a hybrid role, & you will work part of the time in the New York, Arizona or California office & part of the time working remotely.
- Facilitate onboarding curriculum to Oscar employees, both general onboarding & for extended, role-specific onboardings (e.g., Concierge Care Guides).
- Design & build learning assets & activities, incorporating adult learning theory within content, in multiple modalities (mobile, computer-based, classroom, virtual, multimedia), & leveraging best-in-class e-learning authoring software & tools, such as Articulate, Captivate, or Lectora.
- Own the full end-to-end development of learning assets that fall in your book of work, including authoring computer-based content; development of animation & learner interaction/activity; recording/editing of audio/visual elements; & any programming & scripting to enable enhanced learner experiences such as customization, branching, gamification, etc.
- Partner with Senior Learning Program Managers, the People Strategy/HR Business Partner, & business line managers to ensure you have buy-in & stakeholder support & engagement.
- Manage program overviews & roadmaps, project plans, & quality checks for learning programs & assets within your book of work.
- Experience facilitating content for virtual & in-person learning experiences.
- Intermediate capabilities with e-learning authoring tools like Articulate, Captivate, Lectora, etc.
- Experience designing & delivering programs based on adult learning principles.
- 5+ years experience in a corporate environment, preferably within a client domain.
- 3+ years experience in L&D & instructional design.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of professional experience.
- Masters degree or certifications in adult learning or learning technologies.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health & safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at email@example.com to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices (either full-time or part-time), employees conducting sales work in the field & employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.