Want to help people get the financial protection they need & feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare & buy insurance online. Since 2014, weve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer inFintech & helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing & looking for people with grit, great attitudes & creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role...
Our Business Operations team sits at the center of our Operations department & partners with our frontline teams to develop & execute strategic initiatives & accelerate the businesss effectiveness & efficiency. Reporting to the Head of Business Operations, our Training & Learning Lead will work closely with our Sales, Case Management, Success & Experience teams to develop & deliver strategic & tactical training methods across all of our business lines.
Youll help to design, develop & deliver exciting training programs & high-impact initiatives across our Operations team organization & our business lines. You will play an integral role in developing Pgs operations strategy, enhancing the performance of our teams, contributing to our culture & building some processes from the ground up!
- Take the lead on designing, developing, implementing & facilitating training & development programs to support the Inside Sales, Case Management, Success & Experience teams across our business lines (Life, Property & Casualty, Disability, etc.) to ensure optimal employee retention & performance
- Utilize a variety of learning methods including, but not limited to, LMS, classroom sessions, conference calls, webinars, external software tools, etc.
- Expand on existing programs for new hires, including operations-specific training on systems, policies & procedures, methodologies & customer service
- Prepare & conduct assessments to measure training effectiveness, retention, & performance
- Develop an overall learning agenda based on regular needs assessments & training priorities
- Track training participant results & satisfaction & identify opportunities for improvement in collaboration with leadership
- Partner with & develop training "champions" to assist with best practices information collaboration & sharing
- Assist teams with proper goal-setting tools for career & personal development
- 5+ years professional experience in designing & building training & development programs, ideally with some experience in a high-growth / startup environment
- Natural people leadership skills with the ability to quickly build trust with multiple stakeholders
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills with an emphasis on public speaking
- Extensive process-driven project management capabilities, with diligent attention to detail & superior organizational skills
- Deep subject matter expertise & knowledge in training & coaching methodologies for sales & non-sales teams
- Passion & interest in financial services / financial protection
- Proficiency with MS & Google applications, Apple products, CRM & LMS
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO [for relevant roles]
- Training, mentorship & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join (Shhh Its a secret!)