Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the way the world shops online. We build tools, technologies & APIs that allow e-commerce merchants to integrate installment loan financing & other alternative payment products anywhere in their customers shopping journey. Bread was started in 2014 by financial technology veterans, & has experienced explosive growth to date.
This individual will join Breads Core Engineering group. We are a relatively new group, & our main goal is to service all the verticals in our product engineering organization by providing a cross-platform, easy-to-use, abstract software solution(s) that emphasize on scalability & extensibility. Core Engineering is uniquely set up to work with all teams within Bread, & our end-clients are essentially our colleagues & peer engineers. Our group will work primarily on the backend using Go. Some product examples that we are developing include Workflows, Authentication, & BRE (Business Rules Engine). We are an easy going & dedicated group & our responsibilities are evolving. We are looking for talented & excited engineers to join us!
Your Role at Bread:
- Mentor & be a resource for every member of the team
- Write code
- Review & curate all aspects of our technical architecture & approach, from the code base to the database, to infrastructure, to our development process
- Be involved in all significant technical decisions
- Educate teams on the technical roadmap & help meet the strategic objectives.
- Assist in creating & reviewing Technical Design Documents (TDDs) for the development organization based on product requirements.
- Help design complex systems at the component level, make strategic technology choices, & directly supervise the quality of designs & implementation inside & between components.
- Influence development managers to insure appropriate levels of quality on owned system(s).
- Expertise in React & Redux
- Strong track record of building scalable, reliable distributed systems
- Experience with cloud deployments (we use AWS)
- Experience with public web APIs
- A passion for the craft of engineering
Engineers at Bread also get the opportunity to participate in Working Groups! Working Groups are quarterly teams of 4 to 6 engineers that set out to tackle a specific engineering initiative outside of their core engineering team. Working Groups have included projects like Logging Architecture, Internal Authentication, Community & Blogs, Testing Infrastructure, & Monitoring. Groups meet throughout each quarter to plan & then dedicate a full week to implement features requested by engineers. All engineers get a chance to be in one of these groups and, over time, potentially lead a group for that quarter. It's another opportunity as an engineer at Bread to have impact across the entire organizatsion!
If this is you, submit a cover letter & resume to apply!