Peloton is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer Packaging, to innovate, develop, & scale within the packaging space. In this highly visible role, you will research & identify new packaging materials, technologies, methods, & suppliers, & present those findings to Peloton leadership. You will interact with Peloton Industrial Design, Product/Project Manager, Mechanical Engineering, Quality, Logistics, Compliance, Sourcing, & Vendors to enable the most innovative & sustainable packaging designs on the market.
- Participate in the creative design, layout, & environmental consideration of the packaging for Pelotons products
- Develop & propose innovative solutions that enable Pelotons long-term sustainability & product goals, lowering Pelotons environmental impact & cost
- Support creation of the packaging manufacturing process, from raw material to final assembly
- Lead/coordinate packaging global compliance & distribution testing actives
- Lead R&D & implementation of advanced, technologies, materials, such as molded fiber, bio-based materials, cushioning materials, or polymer replacements. (e.g. developing other technologies from lab scale to mass production).
- Create initial prototypes for review with Peloton cross-functional teams
- Ability to work to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Bachelors degree or above in Material / Mechanical / Packaging Engineering
- Advanced degree a plus
- 3+ years of full life-cycle packaging experience (R&D, NPI, high volume MFG, recovery, recycle)
- Strong command of packaging standards including ASTM, ISTA, ISO, TC, ANSI, OSHA, IEC, NFPA, etc.
- An expert-level user of CAD/CAM (SolidWorks, AutoCAD) for packaging design & layout
- Expertise in packaging development of high cosmetic products
- Previous packaging KPI & KSF development (e.g. environmental, cost, sustainability, etc.)
- Ability to read & understand mechanical, component, & assembly drawings, including GD&T
- Experience with value-stream Mapping, process mapping, Lean, SPC, & PFMEA development
- Experience in supplier selection/qualification, RFI, RFP, RFQ, & PO processes
- Experience in fixture design and/or manufacturing/process optimization
- Excellent written, oral communication & presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- This position requires domestic & international travel. Candidate must be willing to travel 25% or more as needed.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread & iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology & design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. We put our users, members, & customers first & we obsess over every touch point of the member experience be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best & encourage all our associates to be Pelotons brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.