Pilot is a modern connectivity company based in New York City. We deliver fiber-optic internet & network services to businesses with no contracts, backed by a 100% uptime guarantee & 24/7 proactive support.
We're a passionate, close-knit team that believes businesses have more important things to worry about than their internet connection. Our top priority is enabling extraordinary work across all industries with connectivity solutions that are adaptive, agile, & designed with the customer in mind.
Project Engineers manage every step of the process to bring Pilots fiber to customers. Working directly with Customer Experience, Construction, & Real Estate, youll evaluate buildings & design solutions to bring service to new customers & grow Pilots fiber network.
ON A TYPICAL DAY YOULL
- Conduct site surveys to document existing building infrastructure & determine new deployment specifications
- Develop documentation for inside plant fiber deployment, including scopes of work & construction work orders
- Coordinate with construction supervisors to prioritize jobs & ensure construction is complete within the communicated lead time
- Collaborate with Real Estate team to convey relevant engineering details to external stakeholders
- Maintain accurate & up to date internal documentation & as-built records
- Communicate effectively with Account Management, Real Estate, & Sales teams to convey relevant project updates
- Proactively work to maintain & upgrade inside plant deployments as needed
- Evaluate pre-sales requests & determine feasibility of new projects
- Serve as a point person for responding to inside plant construction needs & any related problem-solving
- Participate in an on-call rotation
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Project management experience
- Hands-on, team player mentality
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Preferred experience working with an Internet service provider or large enterprise
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Available for occasional off-hours work (late night/early morning) as needed
- Comfort with frequent travel via mass-transit to sites in NYC
- Must be comfortable working in building basements & on building rooftops; walking through alleyways; & climbing stairs & ladders
PILOTS PAY & PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Company-sponsored 401(k)
- Stock Options
- Commuter Reimbursement
- Wellness Reimbursement
At Pilot, we believe differences make us stronger, & that our diversity is something to celebrate. Pilot hires without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (and pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Pilot Fiber is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to a Pilot Fiber employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, & no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Pilot Fiber as a result of the referral or through other means.
VISA SPONSORSHIP NOT AVAILABLE