Checkrs mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkrs product has shifted the on-demand economy & has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern & compliant background checks for global enterprises & startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment & we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people & we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our role.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our Identity & Access Management Platform team. This team is responsible for the authentication & authorization of all of Checkrs services, from dashboards & APIs to internal services & service communication. We are seeking someone who has a strong technical background & is passionate about driving new features from inception through implementation & release. This person would help our team design & implement features like Role-Based Access Control, Custom Roles, Restriction by Segmentation, Long-Lived Identity, SSO, & Third-Party Integrations.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Collaborating with Product, Sales, & Customer Success to design new product ideas
- Solving challenging & highly rewarding problems posed by Checkrs largest customers
- Working with your team to design & implement new features for IAM services
- Building, testing & releasing features across the entire stack
- Helping guide other developers with different levels of experience
- Helping identify, triage, & solve bugs
What we value in a Software Engineer working on IAM:
- 4+ years of full-stack software engineering, backend engineering, and/or work-related industry experience
- Contributing to internal tooling to help improve our workflows & increase efficiency.
- You are a strong communicator & can bridge concepts to Product Managers & other engineers. You are responsible for the full technical product development cycle from researching, specing, developing, testing & evangelizing.
- Proficiency in Ruby
- Academic background in computer science or equivalent (BSc or MSc)
- Experience with SAML, OAuth, and/or OpenID Connect (OIDC)
- Experience with microservices
What you get:
- A fast-paced & collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching & professional development
- Competitive compensation & opportunity for advancement a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental & vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, & snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented & qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, & leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering & celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, & cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkrs commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including theSan Franciscos Fair Chance Ordinance.