We are looking for an engineering manager to lead our Individual Experience team, which oversees the entire user experience for how individuals manage their workflows within Asana. You're an experienced engineering leader who has deep empathy for customers, & can take on challenging, ambiguous projects where the solution is not clear from the outset. You have experience managing complex migrations & understand the organizational challenges of supporting a cross-platform product. You're passionate about helping others contribute & develop as software engineers, as well as human beings. You enjoy the challenge of balancing speed of execution with quality, while building a product users love. You are as enthusiastic about recruiting & building a team as you are about the challenging technical problems you & your team will solve.
At Asana, were defining the work management category & helping teams work together effortlessly to do great things together. Our product engineering team works closely with designers, product managers, experience researchers, & data scientists to create the best experience for our customers. Were involved in the entire product process, from conceptionto post-launch reflection. We have deep empathy for both our teammates & our users, in order to understand how we can best work together to help others work bettertogether.
What youll achieve
- Manage a team of 4-8 engineers on the web product engineeringteam
- Ensure a great, reliable experience for Asana users around the globe while simultaneously enabling a rapid pace of development anditerations
- Coach engineers in their technical & professionaldevelopment
- Work closely with recruiting & other engineering managers to grow the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences & events, & onboarding newemployees
- Experience managing a technicalteam
- Kind & intellectuallymature
- Willing & able to dive into codeyourself
- Excited to partner with design & product management on both large new features & small daily productenhancements
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, & Asana as awhole
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, & technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astuteteam
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be doneand then doingit
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations & millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohls, Sephora, Traveloka, & Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace & the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, & one of Glassdoors ands Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters & flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, & Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, & mission-driven people to help us enable the worlds teams to work together effortlessly.