Squarespace is looking for an experienced web developer to join the CustOps Engineering team. This team works with Customer Operations to create applications, services & integrations that allows us to better support our customers.
You will report to the CustOps Engineering Team Lead in our New York City headquarters.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if & when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Develop & maintain web applications & services used by advisors & support staff
- Collaborate with engineers, designers & product owners to create a user-focused experience
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, & writing beautiful, readable code)
- Encourage the technical growth of your team & teammates
- Keep our product updated with the latest technologies
- Build end-to-end projects & features
- Experience developing web applications & user interfaces using
- Experience integrating 3rd party services using APIs & facades
- An understanding of best practices across software lifecycle, from development to deployment & testing
- Experience with Single Page Application development
- A sincere commitment to creating readable & dependable code
- 5+ years of experience preferred
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.