At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger & the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives & with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development & operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality. As a member of Level5, you will have the opportunity to develop & deploy tomorrows hardware & software solutions & thereby revolutionize transportation.
Developing a network for autonomous vehicles is a complicated prospect. Were looking for network engineers to help build the next-generation network for Lyft Level 5. You have a combination of both software engineering & networking skills. You will primarily focus on automating pain points away for the networking team by making repetitive, labor-intensive jobs a simple click or keypress away. You have a passion for "automate everything!", as well as being cognizant about how destructive the wrong script can do for a network & finds ways to ensure only the good happens. Hence an understanding of networking is desired as well as the ability to code. You are someone who either started in Network Engineering who then became a coder or a coder who somehow ended up in Network Engineering.
- Work with other network engineers to understand the pain points of current processes & ways of automating pain points away
- Understand Software Defined Network methodologies & capable of implementing them in a way that is easy for the team to use
- Develops & maintains automation that is stable & extendable
- Participates actively in the code review process, posting scripts, & incorporating feedback, as well as reviewing automation submitted by other team members
- Develop tools & automated methods to detect, mitigate & remediate network events
- Knowledge of vendor-agnostic approach to network engineering
- Improve or create automation & tools to collect & monitor metrics, plan capacity, & decrease manual changes within the network
- Good in general Linux administration skills
- Assist with ongoing assessments & upgrades of networks
- Bachelors degree in computer/engineering-related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ year professional experience in network engineering or software engineering
- Strong coding skills in an object-oriented language, (Python preferred)
- Proficiency with configuration management tools, preferably Ansible & Puppet
- Experience with Linux systems & running them in a production environment
- Experienced with IPv4 & IPv6
- Knowledge of IP networking: routing, switching, & network standards from layer 1 on up through the transport & applications layers
- Able to collaborate & thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment
- Excellent technical writing & communications skills
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.