Come join us at Mixhalo! We are a Series A, audio-tech start-up co-founded by Mike Einziger, lead guitarist of Incubus, & run by serial entrepreneur & veteran product executive, John Vars. We build wireless solutions for real-time data delivery at live events. Starting first in the music industry, we have built a platform to allow concert-goers to stream the same in-ear audio feed that musicians get on stage direct from the mixing board (as opposed to blasted over huge speakers into the open air). We have so far partnered with incredible acts like Metallica, Aerosmith, Pharell, & Charlie Puth, among others. We are now also turning our attention to live sports (play-by-play commentary, anyone?), conferences, & anywhere else where improved audio can make for a better experience!
This is an exciting time for Mixhalo! We closed $10.7 million in Series A funding & moved into a brand new office space. We are now growing our team & expanding our product offering. Want to be part of the journey?
How you'll be contributing:
We want to make our current Android app & audio engine more feature-rich, stable & flexible. As we continue to grow the MIXhalo platform outside of live events, we will use the app as a home base for content, whether for professional musicians or amateurs who are just trying to share their passion. You will:
- Contribute early in product planning, giving feedback on specs & roadmap planning
- Implement user interfaces based on designs & specs
- Implement & fine-tune our one-of-a-kind, low latency audio engine in Android.
- Build out robust communication with both our cloud & on-premise backend infrastructure
- Thoughtfully balance moving quickly with long-term sustainability, & consider areas we should refactor, & propose architecture improvements.
- Provide solutions to complex, vendor specific hardware problems relating to disparate network stack implementations on Android hardware platforms
- Develop JNIs to interface with our proprietary C audio library
- Focus on portability & scalability we build software that works well & consistently on multiple platforms.
- Learn about new concepts & technologies from your coworkers, & contribute your own ideas & knowledge
- Help fix those out-of-tune bugs
- Bring performance consistency to multiple Android hardware platforms
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Have 5+ years professional experience programming & shipping production code
- Knowledge of & experience with Java, Android Studio, Kotlin, Gradle, among others
- Love for building products & features from the ground up, but the experience to master & maintain an existing code base.
- Willing to learn & work with low level languages such as C / C++
- Highly collaborative youll support and/or lead a team of engineers & also work with our business team to constantly develop products that meet users needs.
- Experience writing JNI's & interfacing with other languages within Android code.
- Experience circumventing issues arising from Android device fragmentation.
- A proven track record of implementing compatibility across Android versions
- A passion for music & other live events
What it's like working at Mixhalo:
Every day at Mixhalo is unlike the one before. You will work with very talented people in an intense, fast-paced environment. As a team, we can go from 0-100 very quickly as we continue to deploy our product while simultaneously working to get MIXhalo the exposure it deserves. If you are looking for a stretch position, with open-minded colleagues who embrace the growth mindset & get super excited about music & all sorts of other live experiences, this is probably the place for you!