VICE is the worlds preeminent youth media company & content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries & distributes its programming to viewers across digital, linear, mobile, film & socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a weekly & daily news programming partnership with HBO; a television & feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; & a newly launched U.S & Canadian TV network, VICELAND.
The Director, Experiential Design & Consumer Experience will be responsible for conceptualizing & designing bespoke experiential activations for VICE & its clients. VICE is rapidly expanding its experiential capabilities with the acquisition of Villain, a full-service events & fabrication agency operating a 15,000 sqft venue in Williamsburg & the launch of VICE Experiences in 2018. Anchored on Villains staff, VICE is seeking an experienced leader to build & manage a new competency in designing exceptional IRL consumer experiences.
- Individual will sit at the intersection of VICEs design, sales, & marketing teams & consumers to design dynamic, innovative, thoughtful experiences
- Turn event briefs into a well-defined & actionable experiential environment & attendee journeys & broadcast to a wide-ranging working group
- Act as experiential stakeholder for design of all decisions on art direction, look & feel, & signage elements created for VICE Experiences
- Serve as key experiential liaison to VICE sales team & Creative Studio & create materials & elements for proactive sales pitches & RFP responses
- Actively engage with internal creative teams to conceptualize on demand experiential branding opportunities for clients
- Adapt & improvise creative elements in rapid timelines to deliver tested, unique experiences
- Define & produce dynamic physical event & experiential environments with an eye towards user experience, physical production, & personalized moments & events.
- Work with external vendors to help turn approved creative elements into fully realized physical items
- 10+ years experience working in experiential design, creative, or related functions
- Individual must see things that dont exist & make them real for all.
- Native understanding that all events, regardless of size, are individual experiences.
- Individual must be fluent in all standard design programs & also Auto CAD, Rhino, InDesign, SketchUp, & Keynote.
- Be able to adapt design tools to client needs, from full motion video presentations to physical renderings & mockups focusing on architectural renderings, architectural schematics, sales & promotional materials, consumer materials, typography, image, form & technology
- Advanced working knowledge of the physical production process, & be able to guide a concept from approval through the end product, suggesting & confirming production methods, resources, & timelines.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application & selection process, please let us know.We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity.At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture.We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S.Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation.The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job.VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies:Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes & is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.