Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Sr. Analyst to join our Legal team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As Senior Analyst, you will be a key member of the Legal team who will support the corporate legal team with corporate secretary work, contract support, litigation support & other general legal support matters.
Oscar is a dynamic, exciting & fast paced environment. You should be comfortable in an ever changing environment as we continue to grow!
- Manage corporate governance matters, including preparation, organization & maintenance of materials for board & committee meetings.
- Handle corporate secretarial management through entire lifecycle (formation, mergers, dissolutions) & other corporate secretarial matters, including secretary certificates, data requests, officer appointments,
- Partner with members of the legal team in order to draft, review, assess, & edit a variety of legal documents, including service agreements, vendor agreements, contracts, NDAs, BAAs
- Provide litigation support
- Provide legal & administrative support to attorneys
- Design & manage processes for categorizing & maintaining corporate documentation & contracts
- Bachelors degree & 1-3 years of paralegal experience at a top tier law firm and/or in-house
- Demonstrable experience performing legal research under attorney supervision & proficient with redlining & editing capabilities of Word & Google Docs
- Highly organized & detail-oriented; you always strive for perfection
- Ability to manage competing demands, shifting priorities & interests of multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership with strong work ethic & follow-through skills
- You get things done, even if its crunch time, with a knack for making processes more systematized
- You are a team player
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working in the healthcare industry or insurance industry
- Experience with startups
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.