MakerBot believes there's an innovator in everyone. As a global leader in desktop 3D printing, we set the standard in 3D printing reliability & ease-of-use by providing effective solutions for every stage of the desktop 3D printing workflow. From the start, we have also redefined what's possible for makers of all walks by introducing many industry firsts.
Consistently pushing the boundaries of excellence & quality is a MakerBot core tenant. Our Quality Test Engineers ensure every new product delivers precision 3D printing & provides a reliable user experience by thoroughly testing the latest hardware & software in development. The MakerBot Method printer the only 3D printer in its class to guarantee finished part dimensional accuracy 0.2mm ( 0.007in). We were able to achieve this through innovative engineering & rigorous testing throughout product development.
While we are currently remote, we are looking for candidates who are able to come into the Brooklyn office in the future, once we are able to & this role will also require about 10% travel as circumstances permit.
Areas of Responsibility
- Author, execute & present test plans, summarize & present results
- Execute testing activities to enhance product performance & consumer experience
- Prepare regular testing updates to highlight progress & significant developments
- Design custom jigs, fixtures & test prints using CAD software (Solidworks)
- Author, run & troubleshoot Python scripts to control 3D printers
- Perform issue identification & root cause failure analysis (RCFA)
- Analyze, measure & characterize printer output & defects
- Develop automated tools to dive in & understand large datasets for irregularities & trends
- Software bug identification & characterization
- Report to Senior Quality Test Engineering Manager
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- 2+ years of product testing experience
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, C++
- Experience with data acquisition systems such as LabVIEW
- Know how to fluently read & interpret engineering drawings & requirements
- Working knowledge of test equipment, including data collection & interpretation. Equipment includes: voltmeter, power supplies, DAQs, oscilloscopes, & power/source analyzer
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, & root-cause analysis skills
- Ability to multitask & handle tasks with priorities effectively
- Ability to travel internationally (up to 10% time).
- Strong MS Excel experience, particularly with analysis of large datasets
- Must have the ability to write technical summaries of testing performed
- High degree of ownership & professional commitment required
- Demonstrated expertise to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization
- Must be self-motivated & practice effective time management
- Experience with 3D printers
- Experience with MatLab programming & statistical modeling
- Experience with SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD tools a plus
- Experience with OGP or other metrology systems
Sometimes, its the little (virtual) things:
- Weekly virtual, after-work yoga.
- Access to 3D printers, of course, but also helpful people who love sharing their knowledge & expertise to help & teach you how to use them.
The compensation package includes health, dental, vision benefits, pre-tax benefits for transit, 401K matching, & three weeks of vacation.
This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a unique industry working with amazing people.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability & ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry & also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals & educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.