Enterprise Security Engineer
Compass is streamlining the home buying & selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology & personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
Engineering @ Compass
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform real estate.
Security @ Compass
We are hands-on security engineers helping to build secure, resilient, & scalable web apps, mobile apps, & platform for the real estate industry. We work with a diverse set of teams to provide & support transparent & automated security tooling & services. We architect secure web products, perform simulated attacks, identify weaknesses, & work with teams to remediate & protect our products. You will lead our effort to build security as a service to drive safe-by-default environments & drive customer trust.
What you will do:
- Ensure our team members are empowered to work in safe-by-default environments across all enterprise technologies (SaaS, Endpoint, Network, Business Intelligence Tools)
- Design, implement, & build new security hardening mechanisms to keep the enterprise technologies secure & reliable (GSuite, OneLogin, Slack)
- Partner with the Compasss Enterprise Technology team to embed & automate secure controls for Corporate IAM, Endpoint Management, Collaboration & Productivity Tools, & Office Networking
- Secure corporate endpoints with native operating system security controls & EDR technologies.
- Implement new solutions to thwart business email compromise
- Leverage APIs across core Enterprise Technology SaaS applications to create new sources of telemetry that will generate strong user & device attestation signals for Detection & Response efforts
- Evaluate the security properties & risks of 3rd-party systems & services that we would integrate into our enterprise environment; provide advice & support for secure implementation
- Conduct regular security assessments on controls to iterate & improve the security posture
- Provide security guidance, resources, tooling, & support Compasss continued growth into new markets
Who you are:
- You are empathetic & accountable while helping contribute to improve the security program & our customers trust
- Able to communicate about security vulnerabilities & remediation techniques in an accessible way to a variety of audiences
- You take an automation-first approach to everything you do. You understand the challenges of scale for security & leverage automation whenever possible
- Enjoy collaborating & performing threat modeling exercises to help design, build & automate secure workflows & controls via tools & scripting languages
- Knowledge & understanding of network & internet protocols with the ability to articulate how it functions when applied to the technologies we use (SAML, SCIM, OAuth, SMTP, DNS)
- Experience working & configuring security controls on endpoint Solutions (EDR & MDM), GSuite Administration, SSOs, Data Loss Prevention, & Network Firewalls
- Desire to grow & solve new challenges as Compass architecture rapidly evolves
- Comfortable teaching & leading development teams toward better security outcomes
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.
Check out our Engineering blog!