Via has partnered with transit agencies around the world to transform paratransit services. As a Via Paratransit Operations Principal, you will drive major projects & product improvements across a breadth of areas & topics (e.g. pre-booking process, routing efficiency, paratransit trips brokerage, on demand trips incorporation). You will manage these projects end-to-end, from launch through to on-going deployments, coordinating with the operations teams, ensuring that the impact hits the bottom line & that we are delivering an exceptional experience. This makes this a challenging role that spans entrepreneurship, product development & operations management. We hope you are up for it!
What You'll Do:
- Own projects end-to-end (from planning, launch through to ongoing operations), with a particular focus on Vias growing, highly innovative Paratransit business
- Work cross-functionally across many teams at Via - Expansion, Marketplace, Driver Growth, Rider Growth, Tech, Product, Data Science, etc to achieve ambitious financial targets & exceptional customer outcomes
- Coordinate with the Operations teams to identify pain points & opportunities, shape projects & drive change management
- Optimize complex routing & scheduling processes & fleet-management logistics, powered by Vias proprietary technology tools
- Assess the immediate & long term impact of operational changes, partner strategy shifts, & service design updates
- Interface with partners directly, speak to their service operations, offer insights & analysis, source feedback, & manage priorities accordingly
- Shape our future product & operational priorities & support Sales team by leveraging key learnings from active services to win new deals
- Work with associates & mentor & coach them to deliver distinctive project results
Who You Are:
- You are a bar raiser - always aiming for higher; & always being accountable for your own performance first
- Thrive in fast-paced environments, You are effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously; you can delegate, prioritize, & take responsibility
- A great executor: you are detail-oriented & will do whatever it takes to get the job done
- You are able to own large, complex projects end-to-end & drive to results. You bring organization & structure to highly-dynamic, multi-faceted projects with many contributors
- Highly effective communicator, skilled at communicating professionally with customers, operations teams, & drivers, riders
- Highly analytical & comfortable with making data-driven decisions at speed & scale - you can balance speed of execution with the necessity of using data to inform decision-making
- An independent self-starter: you enjoy working as part of a small team & are excited to help grow Via Paratransit
- 5+ years of work experience, likely at a high-growth startup, established tech company, consulting, or financial firm
- Hold a Bachelors Degree with a record of exceptional academic & professional achievement
What Catches Our Eye:
- Serious project management experience, with demonstrable ownership of project outcomes
- You have worked to launch & scale a product or new business
- You have hand-on experience & solid understanding of deep analytical concepts (in areas like data science, discrete optimization)
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. Were committed to building & nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, & voices are welcomed & celebrated here.
Were proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution & modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems & sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.