BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is looking for an agile, analytical, self-starter to join their growing affiliate team. The ideal candidate is adaptable & flexible to change, comfortable pulling & analyzing data to inform strategy decisions, & has a natural motivation to learn. This is a hybrid role, focusing on both social marketing initiatives, as well as retail analytics & strategy.
In this role, you will be creating, managing, & optimizing internal & external facing distribution campaigns, analyzing reports to surface optimization or growth opportunities, & working cross-functionally to develop test partnerships to grow our organic distribution channels.
This position will be based in our New York office.
- Oversee set up & implementation of paid distribution campaigns for a variety of verticals & markets
- Provide actionable recommendations based on performance, & communicate immediate business growth opportunities to relevant stakeholders
- Provide weekly & monthly pacing reports to track performance of client & internal funded campaigns & deliver strategic recommendations & areas of growth potential based on report findings
- Work in tandem with the affiliate team to identify potential risks or areas of growth in client programs
- Stay up to date on new & emerging social platforms/commerce trends & first-to-market opportunities
- Ability to surface new partnership opportunities to grow our current distribution network
Forge strong relationships with external partners to co-create conversion optimized ad products and develop a reputation for innovation & efficiency
- 3+ years experience in media/marketing. Analytical experience preferred
- Experience working in a cross functional role touching affiliate, social media marketing, ecommerce, & retail analytics
- Highly proficient in social media marketing. FB Ads Manager knowledge required
- Strong understanding of performance marketing tactics & metrics used to evaluate success
- Experience creating & presenting reports in Excel
- Strong written, analytical, & verbal communications skills is a must
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Keynote, & Photoshop tools
- A passion for retail & identifying consumer behavior trends is a plus!
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.