Inspired by minimalist art, Dots was created with the notion that beauty & fun are not mutually exclusive. Now part of the Take-Two Interactive family & a successful studio, our goal is to provide the world with stylish & meaningful daily play experiences.
Want to work on challenging but fun projects? Learn how games function on the inside? Own design & delivery of high performance multi-tier features for a globally known game? Work in a vibrant game design studio in a middle of Meatpacking district in NYC? If you think your backend engineering chops are up to snuff, apply!
Own design & implementation of complex innovative features for an ambitious globally scalable high performance backend platform while ensuring highest standards of performance, resilience & quality & using the latest in Cloud technology. And have fun doing it!
The role requires a mix of strong technical expertise, engineering best practices, business engagement, hands-on architecture, projects delivery, & cross-team collaboration. In addition, you should love inspiring & mentoring juniors engineers with varying levels of experience. Expertise on modern Server side software development methodologies, tools & operational processes should be a second nature to you.
Successful candidates will be thoughtful, innovative & passionate about their own designs, but equally passionate & genuinely curious about alternative points of view & committed to finding the best solution, regardless of where it comes from. In addition, you should be motivated by the overall teams success, setting high standards & continuously improving tools & processes.
You should be articulate & comfortable standing your ground, as a senior member of the Technology team, you will interact directly with the product leaders, other technical managers & the CTO.
Below are some of the items on our current roadmap. As the technical expert on the backend engineering team, you will be a key driving force behind the roadmap vision - helping the team to continuously reinvent & take these to the next level! If this sounds interesting to you, wed love to have a chat.
- Game Services - set of advanced high performance globally scalable microservices that power single- & multi-player features in our games.
- Game Management Tools - comprehensive LiveOps campaigns management & Customer Service tools that enable product & customer engagement teams to keep our games exciting & delight our players.
- Analytics Services - set of high performance real-time analytics & partner integration pipelines that capture player metrics & feed into our data lake.
- Automation / Engineering Tools - we want to keep our team as efficient & as agile as possible.
- Build & CI/CD pipelines - we continuously enhance our build tools & pipelines for both Game Client & Backend applications.
We are doing many cool things & you will be doing them with us! If you want to challenge yourself more, move fast, learn how a global gaming backend works, see your ideas implemented - this is a job for you!
- Self-starter looking for the next big learning opportunity & challenge
- Compassionate team player & practical innovator with strong culture of giving & receiving constructive feedback & going above & beyond for the team
- Dedication to setting highest standards & nurturing great people
- Strong attention to details & sense of ownership
- Passion for building great systems & ambition to do it on global scale
- Lifetime dedication to quality, finding the best ideas & building unbreakable systems
- Solid computer science fundamentals & a great engineering intuition
- 5+ years experience designing & building high performance mission critical microservices
- Experience with gaming or real-time financial systems is strong plus
- Experience with building services for direct-to-consumer global mobile apps is a strong plus
- 8+ years of experience as a hands on software engineer with focus on backend services & systems
- 3+ years of experience building backend services with Python is a strong plus
- 5+ years of designing & operating SQL & No-SQL data stores
- Experience with Data Warehouse / Data Lake engineering is a plus.
- Experience deploying applications & services into Cloud infrastructures, preferably AWS.
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes is a strong plus
- Strong command of Backend services architecture, performance optimization, high availability deployment & operations
- Experience managing large scale systems with large & varied code bases (SDKs/APIs/Libraries)
- Strong understanding of Backend services SDLC, Quality, CI/CD pipelines, tools & best practices
- Experience supporting highly instrumented analytics-driven products
- Excellent understanding of modern leadership & management principles
- Experience managing off-shore resources is a plus
- Track record of working with Product Managers & converting product requirements into effective technical designs & solutions
- Track record of working with QA on minimizing late quality issues or surprises
- A passion & knowledge for games is a big plus
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Must be in New York metropolitan area or willing to relocate
Dots is an award-winning gaming company with three mobile hitsDots , Two Dots, & Dots & Coand over 100 million installs. We are newly proud members of the Take-Two Interactive family.
While currently fully remote, we expect to return to our stylish office, located in Manhattan in the historic Meatpacking District, once we can safely do so.
We promote a friendly, honest, & collaborative work environment & believe we are at our best when we include everyone, regardless of ones race, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability or attribute, & religious beliefs. We are proud of the diversity weve fostered & are continuing to make changes within the company to make Dots more equitable for everyone.
Here at Dots we offer a suite of benefits, including:
- Annual company retreat
- Regular company outings for team building
- Active Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion groups at Dots & Take-Two
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage for you & your family (medical, dental & vision)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- 18 weeks paid Parental Leave for primary caregivers
- 401k contributions
- Student loan assistance program
- Discounts with CitiBike + Class Pass memberships
- And more...