Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Telecommunications Regulatory Affairs Manager to be a key leader in supporting our regulatory function as part of our legal team. The person in this role will either lead or assist in understanding & fulfilling its telecommunications regulatory affairs obligations in various countries around the world. Not only do you understand telecommunications regulations, but also understand the practical obstacles of implementing compliance in a complex technological ecosystem, has experience working cross-functionally to overcome those obstacles, & enjoys the challenge of it all.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of leading M&A transactions. They also have:
- BA/MA in Law, Economics, Political Science or other related disciplines.
- You must have 5-7 years work experience with a telecoms operator, consultancy, European or national regulatory agency in the area of telecommunications laws & regulations.
- You have experience tracking & filing telecommunications regulatory compliance requirements.
- You are a creative problem solver with a demonstrated ability to provide pragmatic advice.
- Fluency in English with Japanese, German, Italian or Portuguese an advantage.
As a Telecommunications Regulatory Affairs Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Manage responses to regulatory communications, enforcement actions & other government inquiries & consultations. Provide end-to-end analysis & support to ensure compliance & follow-up in the countries where Twilio intends to offer services. Drive market access & licensing activities Globally.
- DRAW THE OWL: Ensure compliance with telecoms regulations. Submit regulatory data requests from national regulatory agencies. Identify key regulatory opportunities & risks, advise/support Twilio to protect against, and/or take advantage of them; champion informed risk taking & innovation.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Coordinate the development of company views on telecommunications regulatory matters. Support internal business division on relevant regulatory aspects of commercial dealings when required. Aide in the representation of Twilios interest before regulatory authorities in areas related to telecommunications regulation. Assist on M&A due diligence as required.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Design & implement a regulatory compliance program in each of the countries in which we operate
The Telecommunications Regulatory Function is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership & product teams to guide company strategy. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, & executing telecommunications regulatory outside of North America. .
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in any of our offices based in EMEA, APJ or NAMER.
Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.