Who We Are:
At Convene, we're building a company that embraces visible & invisible diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals & professional development, & fosters community. Our team's evolution, values & culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding. With the meetings & office market growing rapidly & showing no signs of stopping, we are constantly evolving & growing our offerings from hosting meetings & events to providing a full suite of offerings for flexible co-working spaces.
The Convene sales team is looking for a Sales Development Representative. This role is focused on gathering market data & introducing Convene to prospective clients, & reports to the VP of Sales. As a Sales Development Representative, (are responsible for nurturing leads through the early stages of their buyer journey & uncover qualified opportunities to be handed over to the Sales Team. This includes target market penetration, calling on meeting & event planners, senior-level executives as well as following up on marketing-generated leads, webinar & event follow-up, & more.
Your primary duties will include discovery, development, tracking, & pursuit of leads. All lead generation activities are recorded, tracked, & measured using Salesforce. We need someone that who enjoys meeting new people,, but knows how to steer the conversation, someone excited by the idea of connecting with prospective clients while qualifying potential business opportunities. If you have a positive glass is half full mentality & youre excited to learn the ropes in sales, this could be the role for you.
What Youll Do:
- Generate & nurture viable high-quality leads. You will be responsible for understanding & selling Convene product solutions including Meetings, Virtual & WorkPlace. While the primary focus will be our Virtual Product, you may be asked to support other products as well.
- Engage in strategic territory management in partnership with the sales team
- Research & identify prospects using LinkedIn Navigator & ZoomInfo
- Design & execute email campaigns & sequences in Outreach that educate our prospects & pique their interest
- Execute proactive customer sales outreach through sales automation & warm & cold calling to cultivate & qualify leads into quality appointments
- Qualify prospects regarding hot buttons, meeting programming, decision timelines, & booking window.
- Set meetings/calls/demos for the Sales team
- Follow up on attendees from marketing events & client receptions & leads generated from marketing outreach
- Maintain concise & accurate records of activity within Salesforce
- Meet & exceed monthly, quarterly, & annual pipeline generating targets.
- Meet & exceed goals related to business opportunity identification, qualification & appointment setting
- Maintain professional internal & external relationships that meet our core values & culture.
What We Look For:
- Ability to sit at a desk & work at a computer for up to 8 hours a day
Who We Are:
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major cities. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
For more information: Take a peek into Convenes NYC headquarters & learn more about our award-winning culture in NASDAQs Cultural Capital web series, take a tour of our largest location, and read a case study on how Convene has reinvented commercial real estate.
- Certified Great Place to Work 2017-2020
- 2019 Fortune Magazine #7 Best Workplace in New York
- One of Magazines Best Workplaces 2018
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- 2017 Fortune Magazine #11 Best Workplace in New York
- One of LinkedIns Most In-Demand Startups
- One of Forbes Most Promising Companies
- One of Crains New York Fastest Growing Companies
Were Here For You:
At Convene, youll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you & your family
- Medical & insurance navigation support
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off during the month of your birthday
- 401K match
- Discounts on phone plans & gym memberships
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals & snacks at work
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.
To all recruitment agencies: Convene does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or any Convene employees. Convene is not liable to pay fees for any unsolicited resumes received.