About the Role:
If youre passionate about building a data pipeline & data models, & you are motivated to make an impact in creating a robust & scalable dwh & dashboards, come join us.
At WeWork, data sits in the center of our business, providing insights into the effectiveness of our physical & digital product & features. We believe data brings everything together & should be the driver for decision making.
As part of the Product Offering & Growth mission, our data engineering teams main focus is to data-drive the marketing & Demand Generation efforts.
We're looking for passionate Senior Data Engineer with extensive experience in designing, implementing & delivering data solutions.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will work with data stakeholders (business, product, & analysts) to design & build data warehouse dashboards, models, data pipelines & ETLs that efficiently deliver actionable insights.
About the Team:
Data is at the core of our business, providing insights into the effectiveness of our products. We build & operate the data pipeline for the entire product offering & growth team & customers & train ML models for advanced analytics. We aim for self service data culture & are looking forward for your contribution to the team.
- You will build & maintain a high-performance, fault-tolerant, secure, & scalable data pipeline
- You will partner with architects & business leaders to design & build data models & reports that bring meaningful & actionable insights
- Thinking through long-term impacts of key business decisions
- Building self-service data models to power our customers
- Strong communication skills, empathy, & initiative
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering
- Experience with building data pipeline including data acquisition
- Strong background in data warehouse concept & design
- Strong analytical skills
- Expert-level experience in SQL
- Strong background in MPP & columnar databases (redshift, snowflake)
- Familiar with at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash)
- Experience working closely with Analytics/Data Science teams
- Experience with modern BI tools (Looker, Tableau, etc)
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data & technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster & smarter, & ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies & dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.