BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
About the Role
We are seeking a Director of Institutional Operations to join our growing U.S. team.
- Report directly to BlockFis VP of Institutional Operations & lead the US Operations on the institutional side of the organization
- Help develop & execute on the Institutional Operations roadmap, including identifying hiring needs & building team to support institutional operations
- Help evaluate product needs & develop process & product to support teams daily functions
- Help monitor the teams strategy, performance & metrics & keep the team aligned with the Institutional teams growth & the companys financial strategy
- Work with BlockFis analytics team to build upon the Institutional teams metrics & tracking. Leverage metrics to help identify revenue opportunities & flag team weaknesses
- Work with cross functionally with the retail operations team
- 8+ years of managing operations within traditional financial service & asset management
- History of working in Operations leading settlement, middle & back office management & internal risk management systems
- Knowledge of OTC products, Fixed Income & FX market
- Experience designing new financial product lines & teams from scratch
- Experience building & managing team roadmaps
- Excellent communication skills & a natural ability to organize teams
- A consistent track record of successfully scaling teams & building financial products. Building financial products with novel regulations is desired but not a requirement
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt & equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt & credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding & $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, & driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
To read more about our mission & values, check out our company website.
Above all, you should enjoy the journey. We, at BlockFi, genuinely like each other & enjoy the work we do - so should you!