POPSUGAR is looking for a TV, movie, & celebrity-obsessed Assistant Editor to join our Celebrity & Entertainment team. If your evenings are spent streaming countless hours of Netflix while tweeting updates to all your followers, your award season predictions are always spot on, & you have a knack for writing shareable headlines & witty ledes, we want to talk to you!
- Research, write, & produce multiple posts each day for our Celebrity & Entertainment vertical
- Constantly monitor pop culture news & trending topics
- Create seasonal & themed features based on team & network brainstorms
- Work closely with other team members on daily coverage & weekly/monthly editorial themes & planning
- Conduct original reporting & interviewing to produce in-depth features as needed
- Create content during special events, including award shows, premieres, & finales, working quickly & cleanly in real time
- Consider analytics & previous successes to pitch strategic, winning story ideas
In order to thrive in this role, you must have...
- 2-3 years of experience in digital media, writing/editing, or a related field.
- A healthy obsession with social media
- Super strong writing & communication skills.
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- The ability to stay ahead of trends & adapt to new & changing tasks & priorities on an hourly, daily, weekly, & monthly basis.
- A familiarity with & passion for the POPSUGAR brand.
- HTML & Photoshop skills are a plus.
- Must be willing & able to work weekend hours & some evenings.
We have amazing people.We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We value development.We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
We care about you.We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, & federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future.We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value diversity & inclusivity.Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, & tea.Who needs anything else?
POPSUGAR is the leading digital lifestyle brand for women globally. The company reaches young women through its digital media brand, POPSUGAR; its quarterly subscription box, POPSUGAR Must Have; its makeup line, Beauty by POPSUGAR; & the POPSUGAR Collection at Kohl's. POPSUGAR delivers positive & purpose-driven content across multiple platforms, spanning entertainment, fashion, beauty, fitness, parenting, & more. POPSUGAR reaches 1 in 2 Millennial women in the United States & leads all womens lifestyle publishers in user engagement. In November 2019, POPSUGAR joined Group Nine Media, the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S., & home to The Dodo, NowThis, Thrillist & Seeker.
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nines mission is to tell great stories that spark action & make a real difference. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, July 2019], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen, July 2019]. Audiences spend nearly 50 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; POPSUGAR, the leading digital lifestyle brand for women; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lion, Critics Choice, among others.