Tanium is looking for a PR Manager to join a growing team focused on elevating the brand & voice of the company with influencers & media around the globe. This role will focus on supporting the overall PR function, helping the company amplify its story with external audiences.
The candidate will report to the Director of Communications & join a team responsible for global public relations.
The main focus of the candidate will be on day-to-day public relations activities. We need a team member who has strong media relations chops, can pick up the phone to connect with reporters, write innovative press releases & pull the pitch out of any story. The role will also run the PR strategy for the companys targeted vertical market focus. Finally, we need help with supporting the PR teams focused efforts for internal tracking & reporting.
In this role, the candidate will manage & execute various communications tasks including the creation of media messaging & materials, media outreach & PR tracking, speaking outlines & presentation creation. The position will collaborate across the department & entire marketing function.
Were looking for a creative, curious PR pro who is ready to take on any challenge at an emerging & fast-growing technology company.
What Youll Do:
- Develop strategic media plans.
- Draft media plans, alerts, pitches & press releases.
- Design & review the online content in media announcements & media kits.
- Build brand awareness that leads to engagement with additional assets, creating content that can be leveraged across all marketing vehicles.
- Develop award & speaking submissions, assist with content & prep for earned speaking opportunities.
- Develop proactive pitches, interacting with key media.
- Engage with external PR agencies to help drive toward goals, including acting as liaison for rapid response opportunities.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the company to make informed communications recommendations that reflect a holistic understanding of the business.
- Partner with teams across all parts of the organization to ensure tight alignment of messages & narratives.
- Stay current on company, industry, competitors & news trends in order to best organize & present company content.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Were looking for someone with:
- BA or BS in communications, public relations, English or equivalent experience
- 8+ years experience in a media relations, corporate communications or similar role
- Compelling writing and copy-editing skills
- Global experience, understanding & sensitivity to cultural differences preferred, not required
- Experience in cybersecurity, IT operations and/or cloud technologies preferred, not required
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal & communication skills
- Stakeholder management skills & the ability to collaborate & advise across departments
- Excellent time management skills & demonstrated ability to deliver quality work in a fast-paced working environment
- Proven success in a dynamic environment
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how the world's largest & most sophisticated organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Theres a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing & win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 & 10th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees & their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.