Visa (NYSE: V) is the world's leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. Our relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Do you have a passion for crafting & delivering amazing insights that produce impactful business outcomes? Do you seek out challenging work that will flex your intellectual muscles? If you do & you like to collaborate with similar minded people, the Global Consumer Insights team has an immediate opening for a Director, of Client Insights.
This person will work closely with financial institution & merchant clients along with the Visa sales & consulting organizations. As part of the Global Consumer Insights team, the Director - Client Insights will be responsible for cultivating & maintaining consultative-based relationships with partners across designated business lines. You will work with businesses to identify opportunities for growth within a consumers' wallet & present emerging consumer spending behavioral trends that support business development while strengthening relationships with key external clients. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, curious, analytical & creative in their thinking; & must have an expert level of knowledge of market research, analysis & insight generation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Consumer Behavior, Psychology, Marketing, or Statistics required
- 10 years of work experience in a fast moving environmentworking in a market research capacity or business analytics, or
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA)
- Prior market research & insights experience, including experience in business or marketing analytics, measurements
- Prior experience with SAS, SPSS, SQL, Tableau or R preferred.
- You are a strong analytic thinker with solid critical thinking & consulting skills.The successful candidate will have:
- You have 10 + years experience leading & managing large market research tracking programs, as well as managing primary quantitative & qualitative market research at a large global organization or with a leading, global respected market research agency. (prefer a blend of client & vendor side experience)
- Background in payments, financial institutions or consumer lending a plus
- Expertly capable of analyzing & synthesizing qualitative & quantitative information, with a demonstrated success in using research to drive insights & strategic implications that lead to business decisions
- Ability to transition easily from a technical research perspective to practical business considerations
- Highly effective written & verbal communication skills including the ability to present with impact; must have the ability to translate complex analyses into easily digestible stories for senior management consumption; Must be fluent in English
- Must be organized, proactive, curious, as well as detailed, service, & solution oriented looking for ways to contribute added value; Possess strong planning, problem solving, teamwork & relationship-building skills
- You will work closely with the vendor in management of the Payment Panel (Visa's consumer spending tracking program) & Simmons National Consumer Survey data to monitor quality, performance & delivery of key commitments, manage budgets & timelines.
- In partnership with the vendor, you will perform tasks on sample & quota management, surveys & change control logs, data governance, system infrastructure for the Payment Panel.
- You will create, propose & implement high-impact Payment Panel improvement recommendations
- Extract actionable business insights from Simmons & the Payment Panel by synthesizing from both platforms to identify spending behavior & psychographic trends to build deliverables that clearly communicate the findings & recommendations
- Independently use a consultative approach with senior business partners & provide consumer insights that add value to financial institutions & merchants & enhance Visa's sales efforts by leveraging the behavioral data from the Payment Panel & other sources of data (primary, secondary & syndicated research)
- Present insights POVs to internal audiences & externally to key financial institution & merchant clients throughout the US & Canada on a quarterly basis
- Build & maintain relationships with internal business partners, including marketing, sales, consulting & product innovation
- Act as the thought leader for the sales & consulting areas by leveraging the Payment Panel & bringing to bear third party industry & internal knowledge across studies on key business issues/topics
- Lead qualitative & quantitative research projects for internal business partners & clients as needed, including the lead on Mystery Shop research
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones & computers), reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Candidate must be able to work with resources located in different time zones & accommodate conference calls outside of normal working hours on a weekly basis
Travel Requirements: The incumbent may be required to travel up to 10%
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law