Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, & distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times Best Places to Work, Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
Who Were Looking For:
Skillz is looking for a driven security engineer with a passion for protecting corporate systems & information. This role will help secure the company by building & implementing security policies & procedures throughout our enterprise ecosystem. This role will report to the IT Manager within our operations team but will partner with team members throughout the business to identify security needs, architect solutions & resolve issues to support the growth of our rapidly scaling business.
What Youll Do:
- Engineer, implement & monitor security measures for the protection of corporate computer systems, networks & information
- Develop & maintain security policies & procedures
- Awareness training of the workforce on information security standards, policies & best practices
- Architect & maintain Identity management systems (Okta, Azure AD)
- Own security for enterprise SaaS platforms & infrastructure
- Help build & implement security best practices for our MDM platforms (Jamf, Intune)
- Maintain fleet security with EPP/EDR & other tooling as needed
- Assist in the building, enforcement & monitoring of compliance regulations, including but not limited to, SOX
- Conduct penetration testing to find exploitable weaknesses
- Analyze business needs, research & recommend security solutions
- Partner with procurement to perform RFPs for security tools when needed
- Develop strategies to respond to & recover from a security breach
- Perform root cause analysis & drive resolution on security related issues
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of work experience in IT security or another related field
- Strong communication skills
- Expertise in designing secure networks, systems & application architectures
- Disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies & methods
- Mastery of identity management platforms such as Okta, AzureAD, AD, etc.
- Experience with zero trust security, MDM, DLP, SIEM, EPP/EDR, CASB, VPN, IPS/IDS, & vulnerability management
- Experience with public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience implementing & maintaining SOX compliance measures
- Deep understanding of IT security frameworks such as ISO 27001, CIS, NIST
- Excellent troubleshooting / critical thinking skills
- Process oriented, with the ability to develop & execute IT processes
- Expert understanding of TCP/IP & networking concepts
- Experience scripting in Bash, Python
- Experience with SASE architecture
- Experience with Google Workspace security
- Experience with Github Enterprise
- Experience scripting in Powershell
Skillz embraces diversity & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, & we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.