At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Here at Lyft, data is the only way we make decisions. It is the core of our business, helping us create a world-class transportation experience for our customers & providing insights into the effectiveness of our product launch & features.
The visual analytics platform team builds Lyft's data visualization infrastructure that powers all aspects of our business. We build open-source visualization software (e.g. Superset) as well as integrate 3rd-party solutions (e.g. Tableau) into the Lyft infrastructure ecosystem. You will be a part of an experienced engineering team that is building infrastructure & tooling that support Tableau servers to power visual analytics at Lyft.
You will report into an Engineering Manager in Seattle.
- Integrate, & scale Tableau servers as part of Lyft infrastructure
- Design & implement systems that integrate Tableau services with other microservices at Lyft to aid visual analytics
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality & distribute knowledge
- Conduct root cause analysis on production issues with other engineers
- Respond to production incidents & determining how we can prevent them in the future
- 3+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Experience designing & implementing distributed systems
- Experience building & running RESTful web services on cloud platforms
- Experience with data warehousing platforms such as Hive/Presto
- Strong skills in scripting language such as Python or Ruby
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.