In this senior position, the creative director must demonstrate strong leadership & partnership skills in the ideation, sell-through, & production of engaging content marketing platforms & pieces of work that give brands a point of view that is clearly differentiated from traditional advertising or marketing. He or she must be fundamentally in tune with content consumption trends & have hands-on experience with a wide variety of digital tactics, from social posts & viral videos to white papers & info-graphics. Ideally, he or she will also be able to think through content platform experiences, from websites to apps & audience consumption journeys throughout the ecosystem of available content distribution channels. The creative director will work closely with a strategist to understand content marketing strategies & clients objectives, as well as think through audience needs, messaging hierarchies, the appropriate tone or voice, & the impact of copy length/choices on the overall user experience. We expect the creative director to approach each assignment through the lens of producing useful & engaging content, as well as coming up with traditional advertising or marketing tactics. He or she must also have the ability to lead & mentor a team, in addition to team members from other core departments, in order to achieve client satisfaction & produce great work.
- Ideation & execution of marketing platforms & ideas that are on brand, on voice & on strategy across all media channels.
- Manage production workflow & team resourcing within budget & timing constraints.
- Work collaboratively with partners from other departments, especially Strategy & Account Services.
- Effectively sell work internally & to clients.
- Actively seek out content performance analytics to inform future work.
- Participate in new business initiatives.
- Build, lead, mentor & inspire a team of art directors, writers & designers.
Skills & Experience
- 7+ years experience as a content marketing, social, and/or creative lead in a corporate setting whether it be an agency or an enterprise.
- Must have deep expertise in all types of content marketing including both original & curated content development
- Must have a strong portfolio of produced work.
- Must demonstrate the ability to produce content marketing using multiple voices & tones for a variety of formats & form factors.
- Must have strong presentation, communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think strategically & critically about the assignment, the client, & the clients vertical.
- Must be able to provide creative direction in the writing, branding, graphic design & user experience disciplines.
Education & Other Requirements
- Bachelors degree or equivalent required.