About Vivvi: Vivvi provides child care & early learning for todays families. We partner with employers of all sizes to make exceptional full-time & backup care more accessible & affordable. With beautiful campuses, flexible offerings, & trained, passionate teachers, we provide parents with peace of mind while offering employers the most powerful tool for recruitment, retention, & productivity.
About the role: The Director of Licensing & Compliance will oversee the licensing of all new Vivvi campuses & programs in the NYC area. This person will interpret all applicable federal, state, & local statutes, codes, policies, & regulations & develop replicable systems & training programs to successfully launch new initiatives, primarily onsite daycare & preschool, & ensure they remain in compliance.
The Director of Licensing & Compliance will report directly to Vivvis Senior Director of Quality Control & will oversee:
- Works with all regulatory bodies to pre-approve prospective Vivvi sites for construction
- Establish & own licensing process from site approval through construction & opening, including:
- Construction plans & timelines
- Paperwork, fees & certifications
- Health & Safety procedures
- Hiring & Training
- Oversees licensing processes aligned to construction & alerts preemptively when targets will not be hit
- Responsible for creating scalable, repeatable training modules for local site leaders in licensing protocols & processes
- Oversees ongoing compliance & health & safety standards at all program sites, including but not limited to licensed campuses, drop-in sites, & in-home environments
- Performs regular & thorough inspections of school sites aligned to regulatory standards
- Works with General Manager of Schools to implement systems that guarantee all student & teacher files are complete prior to start & up to date on an ongoing basis
- Develops manuals & handbooks to ensure compliance at all levels: hiring/staffing, facilities, reporting, policies & practices, credentialing, etc.
- Occasionally may draft and/or review important updates to health & safety systems
Systems & Other
- Builds & oversees systems to produce required reporting on health & safety, & compliance performance across all sites & businesses using software tools
- Builds & oversees systems for training site level compliance for teachers & regulatory leads
- Produces Health & Safety & compliance related collateral for licensing & compliance purposes in substantial final form
Apply Today If You Have...
- Minimum 5 years experience / 3 sites previously licensed
- Previous teaching experience with children ages 0-5
- Administration & leadership experience (required)
- Bachelors degree (preferred)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Google Suite & other technology
- Strong relationships with local regulatory agencies
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation & Benefits: This is a salaried position with access to medical, dental, vision insurance; retirement savings; commuter benefits; generous PTO; & more!
- Child-Centered Approach: Our educators facilitate each childs success by observing their interests & developing a curriculum inspired by their curiosity. Learn more about our teaching philosophy here https://vivvi.com/programs
- State-of -the-Art Facilities: Our campuses, currently located in Tribeca, World Trade Center, & Hudson Yards, are purposefully designed to offer endless opportunities for learning & discovery.
- Employee Development: We offer financial support for ongoing education through tuition reimbursement, as well as robust onboarding training, ongoing professional development days, & individual coaching & feedback. We also love to promote from within & are committed to helping our colleagues achieve their career goals at Vivvi!
To be considered, applicants must be based in or willing to relocate to NY. Candidates must also possess independent US work authorization.
Physical demands of this position include but are not limited to sitting & standing for extended periods, bending at the waist, reaching overhead, & frequently moving or lifting children weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, & related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.