VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions & engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians & healthcare disruptors across the country to build & contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization & are thrilled about the work that we do every day. Were transparent, collaborative, & relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility & a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds & experiences create the best opportunity for innovation & the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
Weve built our technology using the best of cloud & open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models & modernly connected to internal & external apps. These apps drive clinical & operational decision support, patient engagement, & other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences. Our analytics approach is focused on creating actionable insights that support providers to drive improvements in cost, quality & the experience of their patients.
As aDirector, Healthcare Analytics, you will becentral to our model & overall organizational success. Leveragingdata to derivetheadvanced analyticalinsightsfrom multiple data sources to drive business decisions, you will enable the execution of business strategies & measure business & clinical results & outcomes.While this rolehas direct-line accountability for a team & you will provide mentorship, guidance anddevelopment to analysts by leadinghighly complex projectsand consulting with market leaders to develop solutions.
Whatareexamplesofworkthata Director, Healthcare Analytics will do atVillageMD?
- Build relationships withsenior level operations leadership to understand multifaceted business problems & developanalytical solutions to complex issues
- Partner withinternal & external stakeholders in key business areas including patient attribution & risk stratification to target high risk patientsfor care management programs
- Be independently accountable forgenerating analytical insights in certain healthcare specialties and/or for applying the insights in localVillageMDmarkets
- Own the process of monitoring performance in value based contracts across multiple payers
- Function as a senior level coach & mentor to analysts; ensure quality results
- Minepatientand healthcare provider data from multiple sources, including medical claims data, pharmacy claims data & clinical data from electronic medical records, to discover key analytical insights for decision support
- Buildand continuouslymonitorreports & dashboardsto track key healthcare quality andefficiency metrics by physician
- Provide direction inthe development of proprietary analytical tools, such as predictive models
- Developbusiness & technical requirements for database & system development
- Personal Initiative: Highly accountable, self-starter; strong sense of urgency; can work autonomously with limited direction
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes
- Analytical: strong research, writing, analytical & critical reasoning skills
- Flexible: ably navigates within ambiguity; solution-oriented
- Communication:distillscomplex, technical topics articulately toa nontechnical audience
- Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product & results
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Graduatedegree withaconcentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering or economics
- Minimum of 8yearsofexperience working in an analytical, reporting or data managementrole in the healthcare industry
- Examples of end accountability for results; has owned a large scale analytics initiative with ownership of success or failure
- Skilled in effectively interfacing withsenior level business & clinical leadership
- Strong experience with large & complicated data sets from multiple sources includingknowledge & experience in SQL
- Proven achievementin putting data into practice & successfully engaging businesspartners to drive change
- Record of leading successfulcomplexanalytics projects along the spectrum of support
- Experienced in mentoring analyst to provide guidance & insight into understanding data & complex business problems
- Ability toautonomouslymanageinitiativesthrough to fruition while ablyhandlingthe ambiguity of an evolving environment
- Proficiency in one or more computer programming language; experience witha statistical programming software such as SAS or R preferred
At VillageMD, we see diversity & inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare.We believe building trust & innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance & respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system.Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.