--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health & safety of our candidates & our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews & new hire on-boarding.
We will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
This role can be office-based or fully remote.
Type: Full time
Min. Experience: 10+ years
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI & public data to work for our clients, generating relevant & actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, & NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events & emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public & private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, & respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth & innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 & Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for Most Innovative Use of AI from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team & help the world manage risk in real time. Youll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, & have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're a senior engineering leader with experience in full stack development. You understand the challenges of a high-growth technology company from a business, systems, & development standpoint & can effectively translate them into strategies & solutions. You are comfortable with a cross disciplined engineering team & work well with other technical leaders.
As a Director of Engineering at Dataminr, you'll work with product, design & engineering to deliver a world class product experience to our growing set of clients. As our company grows, you will also hire, build, mentor & develop your development teams.
Youre passionate about AI & data-driven large scale environments, & have a proven track record of building & maintaining real-time, high throughput machine learning driven platforms & applications that support consumer facing businesses.
- Set the technology strategy & direction for your area of responsibility
- Partner with other teams across engineering, product, research, & design to plan, develop, & track capabilities & new technologies
- Build a balanced technical roadmap that ensures stable future platform growth
- Become a champion for your area of responsibility & subject matter expert as well as train & mentor other engineers & leaders
- Implement & improve existing development, testing, deployment & issue tracking practices
- Provide career growth plans & direction for team members
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience in leading & supporting large scale data driven platforms
- Prior management & leadership experience growing, mentoring & developing talent
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, including ability to interface & partner with different levels of the organization
Why you should work here:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning & development fund & professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave & 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental & physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation & health & fitness app reimbursements
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.