SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. PARTNERSHIPS MANAGER (SATELLITE NETWORKS)
SpaceX is developing a breakthrough new Direct to Cell satellite network to bring ubiquitous cellular connectivity worldwide via the Starlink constellation. We are partnering with telecommunication companies around the world to bring this service directly from satellites to existing cell phones, with the goal of providing coverage anywhere a phone can see the sky.
More than 20% of the United States & 90% of the Earth remain uncovered by existing wireless networks, negatively impacting communities around the world. Starlink was designed to connect the disconnected & this new product will greatly expand that mission, extending Starlinks potential reach to billions of existing cellular devices. The applications range from connecting hikers in national parks, emergency workers such as firefighters, rural communities, remote sensors & devices, & people & devices in emergency situations. You can learn more about this recently announced effort here.
In this role you will work with leadership to achieve partnership & sales goals while collaborating with stakeholders across engineering, business, & regulatory teams. The senior partnerships manager demands a strong analytical skill set to own & drive customer adoption, propose new business models, & forecast accurate deployment timelines. Success will require systems thinking, creativity, & excellent communication skills to synthesize information that shapes future products & strategic direction. This is a special opportunity to work at the cutting edge of satellite consumer, enterprise, & IoT technologies with a world class team focused on deploying networking solutions to the world.
- Responsible for all aspects of successfully closing partnership deals between SpaceX & partners.
- Lead domestic & international partnerships, including leading technical, regulatory, & product/pricing/business discussions & negotiations.
- Drive & support development & execution of international expansion strategies.
- Lead development of materials including playbooks, handbooks, product documentation, whitepapers, case studies, marketing material, presentations, etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups (engineering, regulatory, business, etc.).
- Assist with development of commercial, marketing, & business terms & materials, while staying up to date with internal technology, regulatory, & business teams.
- Perform deep customer discovery & disseminate feedback with the engineering team to inform feature & product direction and roadmap.
- Manage & own execution of contracts, collaboration activities such as pilots, & task agreements between customers.
- Support pipeline & forecasting efforts that inform strategy & planning.
- Synthesize complex information & make actionable recommendations to the leadership team.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (engineering, physics, math, computer science, or information technology) & 5+ years of experience in a partnerships, sales engineering, or engineering role; OR 10+ years of professional experience in a partnerships, sales engineering, or engineering role.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience in technical partnerships or technical sales engineering role.
- Ability to assess market trends that indicate business opportunities several years in the future.
- Strong desire to be customer facing.
- Previous experience in an engineering role.
- Experience carrying a large enterprise revenue quota as an individual contributor (millions per year).
- Experience with hardware, communications, or networking technologies.
- Experience at an early-stage technology startup that scaled rapidly or was acquired.
- Ability to work extended hours & weekends if needed.
- Must be willing to travel to other SpaceX offices, vendors, & customers as necessary (up to 50% travel).
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.