NS1s mission is to unlock the potential of DNS to deliver the tech that powers our customers & the world. We are the market leader in DNS & traffic management software & services, & our customers include the biggest properties & largest enterprises on the internet, such as Salesforce, LinkedIn, Squarespace, Pandora, Imgur, Yelp, Dropbox, & many more. Our modern DNS technologies enable optimized application delivery, couple via our APIs into the tooling & processes of todays DevOps organizations, & deliver reliability & performance at global scale. We operate a worldwide, highly tuned Managed DNS network, & also deliver our technologies to customers as single-tenant software deployments. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission critical parts of their stack.
NS1s Customer Success Engineers (CSEs) are the go-to resource for some of the most impactful properties on the internet as they leverage our powerful platform to solve complex application delivery challenges. In our search for a CSE Manager, were looking for an individual who has experience leading a team that masters the art of efficient problem solving & leaves scores of satisfied customers in its wake.
As a candidate, you have a knack for refining processes & are driven to build something better in each scenario you step into. You have a strong belief in the potential of your team members & are committed to helping your team grow, develop, & challenge themselves in their careers. You are comfortable delivering constructive feedback & you enable continuous improvement as you lead, coach & mentor each team member. You internalize & translate the needs of customers into your daily activities as you lead your team.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Directly manage the team of Customer Success Engineers as well as the on-call schedule. Help each team member build upon their existing skillset & guide the broader team toward reaching its performance objectives.
- Implement & iterate on support best practices. Closely monitor ticket response quality & initiate constructive feedback conversations with support engineers.
- Engage with NS1s customers. Identify what success means for the customer & help drive toward a satisfactory resolution.
- Coordinate with Product & Engineering on customer issues & feature requests that require escalation. Ensure priorities, timelines & expectations are aligned across all teams.
- Partner with the Director of Customer Success on developing career trajectories for CS Engineers.
- Identify trigger points for executing on additional hires. Work with internal recruiting team to attract, interview, hire, & onboard new CS Engineers.
- Occasional contribution to the on-call rotation.
- Currently managing a team of technical support engineers with an on-call rotation
- Demonstrated experience mentoring individuals on a team.
- Current or prior experience contributing to an on-call support rotation
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Experience working with Zendesk or similar support ticketing system
- Experience administering VictorOps or similar on-call service
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with DNS protocol
- Experience with scripting, programming, or SQL
- Comfortable with Bash & other command line tools
- Previous exposure to Linux
Our technology stack at NS1, & the many systems youll have an opportunity to work with here:
- Our globally distributed platform is comprised of many subsystems including:
- Custom built DNS platform thats deployed on physical hardware
- Anycasted edge network that spans nearly 30 facilities globally
- REST API & Client Portal
- Deployment automation, CI/CD, unit/integration testing
- Monitoring, metrics collection & alerting
- Traffic load balancing, filtering, & DDoS mitigation tools
- Distributed messaging, persistent DB & caching systems
- Other technologies & integrations include:
- Linux, Ansible, Docker & other container platforms
- BGP, BPF, SDN, packet analysis
- MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL
- Go, Python, Bash, C, C++14, React, Redux, D3
- OpenTSDB, ELK, Grafana
- Integrations with third party SaaS, APIs, & libraries, various Open Source projects including REST API clients & integrations
Working @ NS1
Were a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York Citys Financial District with offices & team members around the world. Working at NS1, youll come to understand our team is unique, both in & out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, & athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. Were hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open & honest communication & we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, & creativity. We offer competitive compensation (salary & stock options), flexible hours, English as a second language (ESL) courses & unlimited paid time off.
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.