- Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
- Agility: Adapting & thriving in a dynamic environment
- Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
- Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
- Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the role:
Sr. Solutions Engineer is a strategic sales position reporting to the (VP, Solutions Engineering), & responsible for Solutions Consulting & technical designs for 1010data clients. They are responsible for developing client programs in support of sales & engaging directly in pre-sales activity for strategic accounts to help drive deals successfully. They will also be responsible to turn over their designs to the Customer Success Team to implement into the production environment & work with Account Executives to help win or expand client business.
This role is not sponsorable
What you will take on:
- Presales technology evangelist for strategic accounts primarily in the Retail & CPG industry
- Actively curate or innovate technical solutions required to address customers needs that will optimize value for both the customer & 1010data.
- Collaborate with the Customer Success team to ensure the successful execution of POCs & proper implementation into the 1010data production environment
- Contribute to marketing to continuously improve our messaging for our Insights Platform as well as help develop Retail & CPG use cases & value propositions
- Contribute to the development of the pre-sales organization to foster a culture that is highly customer focused, responsive, & proactive
- Participate in the development of pre-sales programs to cultivate knowledge sharing & learning within the Sales & pre-sales organization
What you already have:
- Technical Expertise & Usage
- Definition: Experience acquiring & applying technical & functional knowledge with the ability to perform basic coding, & the ability to rapidly design & prototype solutions, in various technological areas supporting a Sales Organization.
- Position Expectation: Must be able to understand client needs & examine their data & business process to design & code prototype solutions. Provide direct feedback from customers & prospects to Product & Customer Solutions teams on what 1010data needs to do differently to consistently win customers & deliver outstanding value
- Client Communication & Awareness:
- Definition: Knowing customer business needs & acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs & giving high priority to satisfaction & service. Having the ability to present effectively & put things in context & to think broadly
- Position Expectation: Must understand & expertly showcase the entire 1010data product set, unique value proposition & differentiation against competition. Knows how to present & demo solutions to impact sales efforts. Effectively listens to & communicates with prospect & customer C-level execs. Has awareness of key business issues among customers & target accounts
- Functional Expertise & Usage
- Definition: Acquiring & applying functional knowledge in ones own area of specialty, primarily Retail & CPG
- Position Expectation: Must be able to speak like an insider to C-Level execs & build tailored business cases to justify ROI of selecting 1010data. Must assist in developing marketing messaging when applicable
- Process Improvement
- Definition: The ability to identify the elements of a process & to understand which components are critical; the ability to break the process down into its component activities & improve efficiency
- Position Expectation: Must identify & remediate areas within the presales engagement, prioritization, & delivery processes that need improvement
- Customer Focus
- Definition: Knowing the (internal & external) customer business needs & acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs & giving high priority to customer satisfaction & customer service
- Position Expectation: Demonstrate through direct action a laser customer focus & be nimble enough to adapt on the fly to customer & prospect needs & communicate this ability to the respective client Account Executive
- Organizational Awareness
- Definition: Having & using knowledge of systems, situations, procedures, & culture inside the organization to identify potential problems & opportunities; perceiving the impact & the implications of decisions on other components of the organization
- Position Expectation: Regularly partner with other groups within 1010data, such as marketing, sales, product, customer success, & support to ensure that presales is leveraging all resources available, as well as providing an effective field-based feedback loop to the rest of the organization
- Market, Industry, Competitive Knowledge & Presence
- Definition: Leveraging knowledge of customers, market trends, & industry to build business; active leadership in community to support business opportunities
- Position Expectation: Leverage broad & deep knowledge of the Retail & CPG industry & competitive information to help the team differentiate & compete more effectively
For more than 20 years, 1010data has helped financial, retail & consumer goods customers monitor shifts in consumer demand & market conditions & rapidly respond with highly targeted strategies. The 1010data Insights Platform combines market intelligence, data management, granular enterprise analytics, & collaboration capabilities to empower better business outcomes. More than 900 of the worlds foremost companies partner with 1010data to power smarter decisions.
You can find this on the Company page of 1010data at https://1010data.com/company/
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.