AccuWeather, recognized & documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts & warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries & tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA & other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives & get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com & mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, & the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces & distributes news, weather content, & video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeathers many innovative & award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast Minute by Minute forecasts with Superior Accuracy. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies & thousands of businesses globally.
As a key member of the marketing team, the Director of Social Media will lead social media strategy & develop & execute strategic campaigns & robust plans in addition to measuring the effectiveness of all projects. The successful candidate will possess an in-depth understanding of all social media platforms, be an excellent writer, have a strong visual sense & understanding of how imagery drives engagement. The key objective of this role is to ensure that all social media efforts align with overall communication & marketing strategies for the brand to drive broader awareness & engagement. The ideal candidate should also be comfortable working directly with internal teams including marketing, content, creative, business leadership along with external partners, clients & agencies & be able to advise stakeholders on how to execute successful campaigns. This position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Develop a holistic brand marketing social strategy & goals across all social platforms.
- Ensure creativity across all social pages while being responsible for approving content rollout strategy, scheduling, & reporting.
- Manage budget & planning & oversee project calendars across initiatives.
- Bring to life the AccuWeather brand voice & creative look to ensure brand consistency.
- Ideate & pitch innovative creative strategies for all projects, including sponsored content, & continue to refine & innovate plans based on data & metrics.
- Work with Brand Marketing & agency partners to build relationships with influencers & to establish influencer strategy & goals.
- Coordinate efforts to best respond to & engage consumers across social channels with Content & Customer Service teams.
- Collaborate with Marketing, PR, Content/journalists, Sales & other teams to assure meaningful social support & alignment with business goals.
- Create reports showing performance trends; use data to inform longer-term decision making aimed at traffic & engagement goals & content development.
- Analyze competitive landscape to create informed social strategy plans, stay current on the social media platform updates & new techniques in consumer-facing social media opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Digital Media, or a related field.
- 7-10 years of Social Media experience in addition to experience managing a team.
- Proficiency in using web/social monitoring, scheduling, & analytic tools such as Sprout Social, Google Analytics & others.
- Excellent copy writing & editing abilities, outstanding verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Video & photo editing knowledge are key.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, & a demonstrated ability in managing multiple projects while working effectively with cross-functional team members.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, create & execute social media strategy & campaigns while overseeing the daily responsibilities of a robust social media presence.
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative work environment & takes initiative & functions effectively, both independently & as a member of a team.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants & existing employees & we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy & gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information.