Get cooking with HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide. HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years-- we are now active in nine markets, & on three continents around the world.
About the Role
This role is based in our Newark, NJ Distribution Center
As the HR Business Partner, you will play a pivotal role at HelloFresh, bringing objectivity to the team & value to the business by working closely with the leadership team at our distribution center. In this role, you will execute the strategic direction, drive performance through people & build a compelling work environment with an emphasis on engagement for our night shift. With a passion for the business, you will quickly learn its rhythm, how it functions & how operations must ebb & flow to delight our customers. Primary responsibilities will be focused on building/leveraging our HR Business Partner & Center of Excellence models to provide a world class employment experience for our teams.
What You'll Do
- Work to build solid relationships with each of your business & functional leaders, serving as the main point of contact for HR Generalist support to our Newark distribution center
- Serve as the main HR contact for functional leaders up through Director-level, their teams (< 1,000 associates on the floor) and interface regularly with members of the Senior Leadership Team
- Be a role model leader & a champion of change, building organizational trust & promoting a positive workplace culture, partnering & communicating regularly leadership on trends.
- Provide coaching & guidance to leaders & employees regarding employment issues in such areas as policy & procedure interpretation/application, coaching & corrective action, leaves of absence, development plans & terminations.
- Review, interpret, administer & ensure compliance with federal, state, & local employment laws, & company policies & procedures partnering with Employee Relations & legal on any agency charge responses.
- Work with leaders to proactively create & maintain workforce staffing plans. Support recruiting efforts in partnership with the Talent Acquisition COE to ensure that competent, diverse, & skilled workers are hired; working to minimize turnover.
- In partnership with the Senior Manager, support the implementation & execution of all benefits & compensation policies, procedures, programs & communication. Provide guidance on benefits & compensation strategy planning & administration.
- Spearhead initiatives for client groups by developing programs & services to increase employee engagement, retention & job satisfaction.
- Support the performance management process & provide guidance to leaders on their employee reviews & evaluations. Provide training & consultation as necessary.
- Develop strong relationships across the organization to strengthen HR involvement.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree required; Masters and/or HR Certifications preferred
- 5+ years' of experience in a Human Resources Business Partner role preferably with experience in a high growth, fast paced, distribution center environment or field environment
- Be an innovative, strategic thinker who can effectively leverage data to improve efficiency in a production focused operational environment
- Have a track record as a successful change agent who has leveraged an HR Business partner model to transform operations through people
- A highly collaborative leadership style with the ability to partner with & influence key business leaders & build high functioning teams
- Strong knowledge & experience with federal, state & local employment laws
- Ability to develop & execute a proactive employee & labor relations strategy focused on building leadership skills to promote employee engagement
- Attention to detail & excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, listening, verbal & written communication skills
Our team is diverse, high-performing & international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran.