Peloton is extending its technology platform in support of a new member acquisition channel within its Ecommerce division. As part of this effort, we are seeking a Full Stack Engineer with experience building solutions for B2B / B2B2C who have a penchant for innovative thinking, strategic solutioning, & rapid, iterative software delivery. The ideal candidate would preferably have experience building solutions within highly regulated environments & has a keen sense for balancing audit excellence & risk adversity with business velocity & customer results.
This role will report to an Engineering Manager heading up one of the agile teams responsible for building & supporting this new part of the platform. This is an exciting opportunity to help be a part of supporting Pelotons ambitious goal of reaching 100 million members by increasing reach to prospective members & expanding access to Pelotons premium product line while delivering a best-in class member experience. You will be joining a team that puts intentional focus on work / life harmony & professional growth while maintaining a high bar for results & consistently reaching for meaningful impact through its products & software.
- Contribute to a new platform that manages member acquisition channels utilizing eligibility data & verification, participation management, benefit subsidies, & engagement reporting. This platform uses a service-oriented architecture & over time will continue to move towards an evented & distributed design.
- Support integration of this platform into Pelotons larger engineering platform & IT systems to enable consistent & feature-rich member experiences along with standardized & efficient internal processes & operations.
- Build frontend applications & backend services utilizing a mix of technologies including: Python / Django, TypeScript / React, GraphQL / Apollo, Node.js
- Direct your focus toward technologies & functional disciplines that support business velocity, product excellence, & engineering robustness.
- Deliver code with a strong discipline & commitment to testing & test-driven development.
- Meticulously document your knowledge in the form of design documents, Jira stories, Confluence pages, & Lucid Diagrams. These will be thoughtfully produced upstream of writing code & their revisions will be efficiently managed throughout the SDLC, ensuring there is both strong evidence in support of change management & clear & accurate artifacts in support of team posterity & source of truth.
- Work with a highly collaborative, remote team of engineers who are avid practitioners of pair & mob-programming practices while also being capable of producing results independently, in the right situations, & with the requisite visibility & communication.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ambitious, iterative, & collaborative environment.
- An excellent communicator across written, verbal, & visual mediums.
- Productive & comfortable working in both remote & in-person settings with experience collaborating with team members working in either context.
- Organized, disciplined, & focused.
- Empathetic, patient, & kind but intentionally candid & direct.
- Continuously improving & not afraid to identify & strengthen your weaknesses.
- Keen to act like an owner in how you approach finding solutions, building consensus, & creating business results.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Knowledge & experience with Python, Node.js, GraphQL, Kubernetes, AWS, Redshift, Redis, & SQS.
- Passion for business results & customer excellence.
- Commitment to building flexible solutions that are tolerant to change.
- Mental fortitude to stay focused & diligent in the face of challenge & courage to pivot from the plan when new information or strategies present a better path toward achieving the objective.
- Intention & courage for managing boundaries & expectations such that you can operate as a high performer without overextending or burning out.
- Good intuition on how to manage your priorities around what is essential, actionable, & impactful.
- Desire to dog-food our own software & engage with the Peloton brand & product line.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.